User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attaching Camera Mount to Back of Trailer

We just got a new 2022 Reflection 260 RD. I have an 2021 F250 with ultimate tow package. I have everything set up and the last part is attaching the camera to the back of the trailer. I plan on putting it right below the wireless camera that came with the trailer. I am not sure what type of screw I should use to attach the mount to the trailer.... one inch Sheet metal screws or some sort of hollow wall anchor. Really would appreciate advice so I don't mess up the trailer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Tomlef57

Consider calling GD support, they were very helpful when I faced this on my 2600rb.
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used 1” long #10 stainless steel pan head screws. I mounted my GM camera above the factory camera mount. One of the holes I drilled hit an aluminum frame member and one didn’t. I had to redrill the hole that hit the aluminum with a lever size bit to get the screw to go in. Both screws tightened up good but I was carful not to over tighten. Esp the one that was just in the fiberglass panel. The GM camera is small and light and has been fine for 10k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomlef57 View Post
    We just got a new 2022 Reflection 260 RD. I have an 2021 F250 with ultimate tow package. I have everything set up and the last part is attaching the camera to the back of the trailer. I plan on putting it right below the wireless camera that came with the trailer. I am not sure what type of screw I should use to attach the mount to the trailer.... one inch Sheet metal screws or some sort of hollow wall anchor. Really would appreciate advice so I don't mess up the trailer.
    I have had my truck on order since April of 21! Did you hav3 success mounting your camera? I am planning on installing the same setup on my 303RLS. Was the cabling long enough for your trailer and how did you route the cable?

Thanks
    Frank Stewert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted grand design customer support. They were great. Sent me the schematic of the back wall and depending on the location, recommended what to use to mount the camera. I decideded to mount below camera that comes with RV. I used hollow wall anchors that were one inch deep with stainless steel screws..pre drilled all holes and used silicone to seal around all holes. Worked great. Really appreciate the help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA3A1EF7-85F4-4417-812B-882166D05C98.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	39518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D7D1D81-D64C-41F1-BB5F-DBA4F8744EB7.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	639.9 KB 
ID:	39519

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GM camera comes with. 59 foot cable. Should be plenty long enough for most rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax