User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    My hat is off to you! Let's take a poll. Everyone that doesn't load their RV up to or very close to GVWR, raise their hand. [emoji2]
    I will raise my hand. 14,600 lbs on last weigh in with all my stuff (single guy), and a 500 lb motorcycle. Trailer, which usually is 16,800 GVWR, is actually 18,000 GVWR as I have the bigger axles from the factory.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever contacted Grand Design to see if it's OK to use one of these hitches without voiding their warranty? I currently have a B&W Patriot manual slider for my Reflection 29RS but might want to change to a lighter hitch if possible. (Superlight 2400 since I already have rails).
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    Has anyone ever contacted Grand Design to see if it's OK to use one of these hitches without voiding their warranty? I currently have a B&W Patriot manual slider for my Reflection 29RS but might want to change to a lighter hitch if possible. (Superlight 2400 since I already have rails).
    The issue is with LCI/Lippert and not with Grand Design since Lippert makes the chassis. Lippert's official position is that the only "non-conventional" system approved for use with Lippert chassis is the Reese Goose Box. This is largely because LCI and Reese have a business relationship - not because it's the only system safe to use. Many forum members are or have used the Andersen and PullRite SuperLite systems without issues. It would be up to LCI to prove that any problems with the chassis were actually caused by the hitch system should there be a problem. We towed our first 4-1/2 years full-time with an AUH and it worked well for us.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The issue is with LCI/Lippert and not with Grand Design since Lippert makes the chassis. Lippert's official position is that the only "non-conventional" system approved for use with Lippert chassis is the Reese Goose Box. This is largely because LCI and Reese have a business relationship - not because it's the only system safe to use. Many forum members are or have used the Andersen and PullRite SuperLite systems without issues. It would be up to LCI to prove that any problems with the chassis were actually caused by the hitch system should there be a problem. We towed our first 4-1/2 years full-time with an AUH and it worked well for us.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, didn't consider that it would be an LCI issue. Think I've also seen posts saying Pullrite says they have insurance to cover if anything happens to the frame, wonder if there's anything in writing?
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12