Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best small cube space heater

I searched the site on this, but not much came up specific to my needs. I was thinking about installing an electric fireplace as folks on the 220RK Facebook forum have, then I ran across all the threads on electric fireplace issues. Besides I need the space the fireplace would take up.

So as mentioned in some of the fireplace threads I should consider a small space heater instead. The internet is full of expert advice on whats good Everyone out there is the best - NOT.

I currently have a GE small rotating cube (quartz) (well is used to rotate and is now noisy) I use in the garage, but its probably 12 years old. It also keeps running if knocked over - not good. I am looking for something safe to take the chill out and not run the propane heater.

So what is good and safe out there 1500W or under as I only have a 30A service.

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I searched the site on this, but not much came up specific to my needs. I was thinking about installing an electric fireplace as folks on the 220RK Facebook forum have, then I ran across all the threads on electric fireplace issues. Besides I need the space the fireplace would take up.

So as mentioned in some of the fireplace threads I should consider a small space heater instead. The internet is full of expert advice on whats good Everyone out there is the best - NOT.

I currently have a GE small rotating cube (quartz) (well is used to rotate and is now noisy) I use in the garage, but its probably 12 years old. It also keeps running if knocked over - not good. I am looking for something safe to take the chill out and not run the propane heater.

Thanks
    Keith
    You would get the best bang for your buck with an oil filter heater. Safe, no "exposed" heating element, will comfortably warm a small room, maybe 12x12.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post

Thanks
    Keith
    As in you want the propane heater to not run at all? Be aware the propane heater is what keeps the tanks/water lines from freezing up in cold weather. The only heat in that space comes from propane heater.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a very expensive small cube shaped disc heater finally quit we bought an inexpensive Lasco short tower heater and it works great. We don't camp in cold weather but on cooler nights this gets the job done. We place it in front of the island pointing toward the bedroom and set it on low and set the furnace on about 62 degrees in case the heater can't keep u.

Lasco heater.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two 1500W units...one from Lowes and one from Amazon, each about $25. Both have performed very well for us, and they will turn off if picked up or tipped over. They are small cubes, so not really in the way. We like the fact that they can be placed on a counter or table (in bathroom during colder camping) due to their small size. It's surprising how much heat is generated from such a small device. We didn't see a need to spend a small fortune for such a simple device.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really like the oil-filled heaters like this one. This will heat the whole trailer and most of all it is silent. For colder nights the furnace may come on (we set ours to 62), but most of the time these do the trick.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S