User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which WD Hitch?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    I have the Husky as well. I use a light coat of vaseline on the ends of the bars and the surface of the brackets on the frame and it eliminates almost all of the noise. The husky manual does say those surfaces can be lubricated. I bought the hitch from a hitch shop (not the GD dealer) and they recommended the use of vaseline.
    I tried grease last season but it didn't make much of a difference and didn't last. I have a 3 week trip coming up in a month, I'll try Vaseline.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved my Anderson WDH when we had our 315 RLTS. Setup and tear down was SSSOOOO easy. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a long handle flex 1/2 ratchet and just counted the turns past pre-load. Typically I was 3.5 turns. If the trailer was heave I would crank it to 4. Very easy to tow with and very quiet. When it came to unhooking and storing, the only heavy part was the shank/ball portion.

As with any WDH, initial setup is crucial to good results while towing! And, don't let the dealer set it up, this is something you should be intimately familiar with since you are the one that will have to hook and unhook it every time you move it.
    My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR and grid heater delete, GDP airhorn and heater, ARP head studs, 5" TBE, billet VB, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs. My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,500 rolling.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't skimp on the hitch, it will make a huge difference in your towing. I have an Equal-i-zer E4. Your dealer is very high on their prices. Make sure it's set up correctly.

Any of the better ones with integrated sway control will be good, but I'll never buy a product from Andersen after the owner decided to desecrate several monuments in national parks and monuments and turn them into billboards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious how your 1/2 ton is handling the 265BH. I have one too and will be receiving our 2023 265Bh in a month. It’s definitely a long trailer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DO NOT assume the dealer has set up ANY WDH correctly! None of the last three trailers we’ve bought were set up correctly. It’s your responsibility to KNOW correct setup anyway.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    DO NOT assume the dealer has set up ANY WDH correctly! None of the last three trailers we’ve bought were set up correctly. It’s your responsibility to KNOW correct setup anyway.
    Who are you replying too?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Who are you replying to?
    it’s was meant to be a general statement of advice.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    it’s was meant to be a general statement of advice.
    Oh okay. It is just an old post is all
    Btw it is almost impossible for any dealer to set up the hitch as it is generally empty 9 times out of ten
    My dealer had mine setup perfectly for my 900 mile trip home with it empty
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More for benefit of a newbee who might get have seen it for the first time after someone posted a new comment.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmitt View Post
    Just curious how your 1/2 ton is handling the 265BH. I have one too and will be receiving our 2023 265Bh in a month. It’s definitely a long trailer.
    @JoeSchmitt -

Whoever's attention you're trying to attract may not see your comment - especially if this is an older thread. Here are a couple of ways to accomplish that:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast