User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which WD Hitch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which WD Hitch?

Hello! Picking up my 2022 Transcend 265BH on 3/29. Dealer will be installing 1 of 2 hitches they offer. A Husky for $695 installed or a Blue Ox equalizer for $995 installed. Towing with a half-ton Sierra. Any opinions on the hitches? Salesman recommending the blue ox (obviously for price), thought I’d ask the community. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we tow a 22MLE with a 1/2 ton and use a Blue Ox. Seems to work for us. Doesn't completely eliminate the "suck/push" syndrome but not that bad either. We run the 1K bars.

Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertThomas06 View Post
    Hello! Picking up my 2022 Transcend 265BH on 3/29. Dealer will be installing 1 of 2 hitches they offer. A Husky for $695 installed or a Blue Ox equalizer for $995 installed. Towing with a half-ton Sierra. Any opinions on the hitches? Salesman recommending the blue ox (obviously for price), thought I’d ask the community. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMO whatever WDH you choose do not depend on the dealer to adjust it properly.
    On our 1st trailer I made that mistake. It is incumbent upon you to learn how to
    properly adjust your WDH to accommodate the load you are pulling.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2017 we drove to Missouri (from Texas) to pick up our 2600RB with a Blue Ox Swaypro hitch still in the box. In advance, I had installed the ball on the hitch, watched (and rewatched) the Blue Ox install videos. It took 5-10 minutes to clamp on the brackets, setup the trailer, and hit the road. 5 years and 25,000 miles later, we are still happy with our Blue Ox Swaypro.

BTW, Etrailer has that hitch for a lot less. https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...x/BXW1000.html
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 03-19-2022 at 06:42 AM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^X2 WHAT HE SAID. don't assume that the dealer installed it properly regardless of which one you choose.
    Our dealer gave us the same choice as you. I went with the Husky just because I didn't want chains thinking that the Blue Ox was like the older chain system. Our Husky works as advertised after I did 3 tweaks to the install but it's real noisy in slow tight turns and heavy. Believe me, we turn heads when arriving at the campground. For this reason I'll be changing it foe most likely the Anderson which has the added benefit of only being 60lbs. Any wdh is better then no wdh but there's differences and not just in price. You are also not limited to whatbthe dealer has. You might however be on your own for the install which is easier then it looks. Check out this video from WONDERING Weekends where he compares 6 popular wdh. He then did a follow-up with the Anderson.
    https://youtu.be/t9MzOI3sfIQ

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Husky for 20K+ miles, I really liked it, but towards the end (I went to a 5th) it was noisy, no sneaking around with it. No issues in all weather.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    ^^^X2 WHAT HE SAID. don't assume that the dealer installed it properly regardless of which one you choose.
    Our dealer gave us the same choice as you. I went with the Husky just because I didn't want chains thinking that the Blue Ox was like the older chain system. Our Husky works as advertised after I did 3 tweaks to the install but it's real noisy in slow tight turns and heavy. Believe me, we turn heads when arriving at the campground. For this reason I'll be changing it foe most likely the Anderson which has the added benefit of only being 60lbs. Any wdh is better then no wdh but there's differences and not just in price. You are also not limited to whatbthe dealer has. You might however be on your own for the install which is easier then it looks. Check out this video from WONDERING Weekends where he compares 6 popular wdh. He then did a follow-up with the Anderson.
    https://youtu.be/t9MzOI3sfIQ

Did you end up changing to the Anderson? I have the Husky as well & it works, but louder than heck & heavy!
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Did you end up changing to the Anderson? I have the Husky as well & it works, but louder than heck & heavy!
    Not yet but it's in my basket and my finger is eager to press buy.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any basis of comparison since this is our first travel trailer (had an A-frame camper before), but we are towing a 22RBE with a Ram 2500 and an Anderson. Barely notice semis passing us, but then both our payload and towing weights are at about 50-60% of our truck's rating. Hooking and unhooking is easy. When it arrived there was one large nut that would not thread on the bolt, but I called them and they sent a replacement right away. It was a 5 minute call. Gotta love good customer service.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Husky as well. I use a light coat of vaseline on the ends of the bars and the surface of the brackets on the frame and it eliminates almost all of the noise. The husky manual does say those surfaces can be lubricated. I bought the hitch from a hitch shop (not the GD dealer) and they recommended the use of vaseline.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast