User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on where to sell (help settle a disagreement)

My wife hates the Furrion cooktop (I have no problem with it, but she can't seem to light the burners). We also never use the oven - use the convection oven, instead. So... she has talked me into replacing the cooktop with a combo induction/LP (one of each) cooktop and turning the space where the oven is into storage. We've finally agreed on these parts of the project.

We are currently in New Mexico and pull out on 1 April for a 3,600 mile trip to end in Maryland near grandkids in June. I have ordered the new cooktop to be delivered to the kids' house in MD. Laura wants me to pull the cooktop and oven and sell them before we leave the southwest on 1 April - she thinks they'll sell easier here than in Maryland. (She has a portable induction unit to use in the meantime). I don't want big gaping holes for 2-1/2 months nor do I want to bother with capping off the LP lines prior to hitting the road. I also don't think the used Furrion units will bring as much money as Laura is hoping. Do any of you who are familiar with RVing in various parts of the country think there will be a great difference in the ease of selling the cooktop and oven in the southwest vs. Maryland? Laura doesn't know where any of you are physically, so there's nothing to fear in expressing your opinion.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on your side Rob but let's be honest, Laura will prevail. From experience DWs always win in the end. Lol. It's just much easier that way. Lol
    If there is a difference in price to be had, I don't suspect that it will be a large one. I'm be no means an expert on this though.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think there's a greater concentration of RVers in the southwest (especially now) and more interested parties than your destination. But just my thought.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what has been said so far. Here is how I would do it. Advertise on offer up or whichever you prefer, then use the fact that it is still hooked and working. Does not take long to remove, that way you only remove once it’s sold. [emoji106]

Good Luck,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not put the ad up letting everyone know that you will be traveling across country. That way if someone is interested they could contact you to see if you might be close enough to them to be able to pick it up. Save on shipping costs and the whole country could be your possible purchaser.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    My wife hates the Furrion cooktop (I have no problem with it, but she can't seem to light the burners). We also never use the oven - use the convection oven, instead. So... she has talked me into replacing the cooktop with a combo induction/LP (one of each) cooktop and turning the space where the oven is into storage. We've finally agreed on these parts of the project.

We are currently in New Mexico and pull out on 1 April for a 3,600 mile trip to end in Maryland near grandkids in June. I have ordered the new cooktop to be delivered to the kids' house in MD. Laura wants me to pull the cooktop and oven and sell them before we leave the southwest on 1 April - she thinks they'll sell easier here than in Maryland. (She has a portable induction unit to use in the meantime). I don't want big gaping holes for 2-1/2 months nor do I want to bother with capping off the LP lines prior to hitting the road. I also don't think the used Furrion units will bring as much money as Laura is hoping. Do any of you who are familiar with RVing in various parts of the country think there will be a great difference in the ease of selling the cooktop and oven in the southwest vs. Maryland? Laura doesn't know where any of you are physically, so there's nothing to fear in expressing your opinion.

Rob

Where did you get the insane idea to disagree with your wife?
    LOL:
    Bob A.
    Last edited by attaboy; 03-20-2022 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ideas all - and some good laughs, too. I guess I'll just steel myself for looking at some ugly holes for a few months until we get to Maryland (if they sell, of course).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hola everyone! Been awhile since we've been here. Mexico life [emoji173].

Rob... your post caught my attention. Everyone has great ideas. I can only relate that while the SW is great, selling something in NM is a little different.

I would target broader than just NM. And as you'll be traveling, be sure to mention that.

We were selling our RV last summer, targeting NM. Not much, little response. But once we broadened the target audience, there was much more response.

Just something to consider.

Good luck! And hope everyone is doing well!

Ps... we love Puerto Vallarta!!! [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, smart you gave in and are getting rid of that cooktop. After doing a PDI on a new Reflection with a friend we both found that the Furrion cook top is stubborn to stay lit. Hope you sell it, might be one of those things that you have to sell cheap to unload. You could always create an outside portable cook station with it if you get stuck dragging it state to state.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listed the cooktop and oven on Facebook Marketplace last night... looks like a buyer is coming up from El Paso this afternoon. Thanks, everyone. I'll mark this thread "SOLD" and close it if/when the deal goes through. Now to find something to put over the cooktop hole for a couple of months so Laura can put her portable induction plate there...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast