User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice on Best Holding Tank treatment safe for septic systems.

Almost done with my trailer barn with 50 amp and a connection to my septic system. Going camping in April and will take the opportunity to purge out the Aquachem in the holding tanks now.

Hear lots of praises about Happy Campers. Looking for advice on which to use without hurting my septic system.

Thanks,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've used Happy Camper almost exclusively. From what I have read its some type of organic substance and is not supposed to harm septic systems at your home or RV camp grounds. Wife mixes a couple scoops with water before putting in the tanks. We used to dump our RV tanks in our home septic system when we had our S&B, we had a very large septic tank at home.

I heard or read somewhere, for some reason California has banned the the use of Happy Camper, don't know if that's still true or not. Since your RV holding tanks are not septic systems a lot of people just use dawn dish washing soap to treat their tanks. Some go the route of a calgon borax blue dawn mixer. It gets really hard to find calgon at a lot of retail stores.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've never used any type of waste tank treatments - and have never had an issue.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the geo method but it's mostly to keep the sensors clean and working. We also need something that we can dump safely in our septic system at home.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We've used Happy Camper almost exclusively. From what I have read its some type of organic substance and is not supposed to harm septic systems at your home or RV camp grounds. Wife mixes a couple scoops with water before putting in the tanks. We used to dump our RV tanks in our home septic system when we had our S&B, we had a very large septic tank at home.

I heard or read somewhere, for some reason California has banned the the use of Happy Camper, don't know if that's still true or not. Since your RV holding tanks are not septic systems a lot of people just use dawn dish washing soap to treat their tanks. Some go the route of a calgon borax blue dawn mixer. It gets really hard to find calgon at a lot of retail stores.
    I can't find anywhere that says Happy Camper has been banned in California. California did band toilet treatment products that contain formaldehyde, but I don't think HC has that. At least the organic one doesn't. I don't know if they previously made a formaldehyde based one.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been very pleased with the Valterra Pure Power. We almost exclusively dump into our septic system at home using our macerator pump. Never had any issues at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-V231...00BDEP5ZM&th=1
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just use a lot of water in the blank tank prior to use and flush out the tank whenever possible. We lived in our 399 for 3 years and didnt use tank treatments, sensors remained accurate (I use that term loosely since they were never exactly accurate in the first place).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If on full hookups and dumping/flushing frequently we dont use anything and haven't had any issues with smells.

We use Unique when we don't plan on being hooked up to sewer and have gone over a month without dumping two 55 gallon black tanks and have not had a smell (we have smells without Unique after about 1.5 weeks)

Highly recommend it and have been using it for several months full timing.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had 2 other RV’s one full time and one not tell me that Unique is the way to go. The full timers said they have tried everything and it seems to work the best in their opinion. They had a couple of clogs when using another products and have not had any issues with Unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I can't find anywhere that says Happy Camper has been banned in California. California did band toilet treatment products that contain formaldehyde, but I don't think HC has that. At least the organic one doesn't. I don't know if they previously made a formaldehyde based one.
    Here is one I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_YdjL7tgig
    Of course everything you read or see on the internet is true, right? LOL
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast