User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th Wheel Reflection

Help me pick- We are coming from a travel trailer Forest River 29vbud. My TV is a 2022 RAM 3500 Megacab with the HO engine.

We have two kids (6 and 10) and are more of weekend warriors with our busy schedules!

We can't decide between these three bunkhouse models.

Reflection 28BH
    Reflection 31MB
    Reflection 311BHS

We like the 28BH but it seems to have less internal storage and we could not find a pantry in the videos we watched.

We likes the 31MB but not a huge fan of only having 2 other beds besides the main bedroom. We will sometimes have our kids friends or family go with us. Also not a huge fan of the TV location.

The 311 seems just a little too fancy and too much for our needs with just being weekend warriors. Is this opinion wrong?

I wish it was as easy as just walking through them but finding a dealer close with all three in stock is a challenge.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmoney528 View Post
    Help me pick- We are coming from a travel trailer Forest River 29vbud. My TV is a 2022 RAM 3500 Megacab with the HO engine.

We have two kids (6 and 10) and are more of weekend warriors with our busy schedules!

Reflection 28BH
    Reflection 31MB
    Reflection 311BHS

We like the 28BH but it seems to have less internal storage and we could not find a pantry in the videos we watched.

We likes the 31MB but not a huge fan of only having 2 other beds besides the main bedroom. We will sometimes have our kids friends or family go with us. Also not a huge fan of the TV location.

The 311 seems just a little too fancy and too much for our needs with just being weekend warriors. Is this opinion wrong?

I wish it was as easy as just walking through them but finding a dealer close with all three in stock is a challenge.
    Where are you from? I have all three in stock.

I've heard some rumblings from Grand Design that the 28BH may be getting a refresh towards the end of Summer. Not sure what they will changing though.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to "New To RV'ing, Purchase Questions & General Concerns."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in Evansville, Indiana.

Can someone give me some fair prices that they have paid for these as well?

I know their MSRP prices.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 28BH
    Reflection 31MB
    Reflection 311BHS

We have a 2017 311BHS and the main reason that we chose that model was the extra space. We are weekend warriors usually and have my son, daughter-in-law, twin granddaughters, daughter, sister-in-law and the DW and I. On longer trips it's usually the DW, Sister-in-law and myself.

In the bunkroom we can easily fit my son, daughter-in-law and the granddaughters, the Sister-in-law gets the dinette and there is enough room between the fireplace and the recliners to put a twin air mattress. We also use the outdoor kitchen for 90% of our cooking.

We first started we pulled the 311BHS with a Chevy 2500 but after the first year we upgraded to a 3500HD. Just pulled it better than the 2500 and gets better gas mileage.

So I guess the short answer is if you're going to have a bunch of people with you on your trips the 311BHS will offer much more room. Your kids will have the bunkroom for there games and the tri-fold couch gives you room for 2 guest.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having access to the bathroom with the slide in is important to us which all 3 have. CCC might be a deciding factor. Some don't like having a slide on the camp side. We now prefer to have the dinning on the camp side. Hard choices for sure

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Having access to the bathroom with the slide in is important to us which all 3 have. CCC might be a deciding factor. Some don't like having a slide on the camp side. We now prefer to have the dinning on the camp side. Hard choices for sure

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    What does CCC mean?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone tell me what a good deal is for these? What % am I looking for off of MSRP?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone tell me what a good deal is for these? What % am I looking for off of MSRP?
    Pre-COVID it wasn't unusual to get around 25% off. With the supply shortages, and the huge demand for RVs, those days are, basically, no longer.

Best suggestion is to get an online quote from a dealer (not necessarily the one you're looking to buy from). Ask for a "rock bottom" quote. Then take that along with you to the dealer you want to purchase from and see if they will at least match the quote. That's what we did. Now, the dealer we had to quote from was 300 miles further away, but we were willing to make that trip to get the price he quoted, if necessary. Happily, the dealer closer to our house did match the quote. We got 23% off (5 years ago)

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does CCC mean?
    Cargo Carrying Capacity , the CCC you get from the Grand Design website is not always what you end up with in the end after all the options are on. Best to see after production numbers
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast