Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Leveling System

On the units that have manual screw leveling adjusters, what method is used to determine when the unit is level? From experience with other 4 point leveling systems, I can say that to do so using 4 points can be very frustrating. For instance with refrigerators.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four point leveling? Trying to use four leveling jacks would be a nightmare.

RVs are just two “levelers” Side to side leveling is wheels only and just on one side. Front to rear leveling is the tongue jack or landing gear. Everything else is stabilizers.

Leveling is so simple and fast with Beech Lane levelers I don’t really think I’d want a leveling system to worry about.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of a confusing post. I don't think I've seen a trailer with 4 manual leveling jacks. Like was said, side-to-side level is with the tires/wheels and then front to back with the front jacks/tongue jack.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not knowing what trailer you have makes it difficult for us to properly answer your question. It would be best to create a signature and add that info there so you don't have to repeat it every time.
    I think your referring to the 4 stabilizers. Those are not to be used for leveling just for stabilizing the rig. You level the rig via the tires first for the side to side level and then the jack for the front to back level.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    On the units that have manual screw leveling adjusters, what method is used to determine when the unit is level? From experience with other 4 point leveling systems, I can say that to do so using 4 points can be very frustrating. For instance with refrigerators.
    If you are talking about the scissor jacks that are on the 4 corners, they are for stabilizing after you are level. NOT for leveling.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    If you are talking about the scissor jacks that are on the 4 corners, they are for stabilizing after you are level. NOT for leveling.
    Thank you very much. I had no idea what those scissor things were called. I thought they were used to level the camper. Similar to the 6pt hydraulic jacks on our old one. I've seen many do it in the campgrounds we have stayed in over the last years in our Montana 3791 5r. It looked as if they were using the scissor stabilizers to level.

We do not yet own our new camper. We are looking. I do know how hard it would be to use 4pt levelers by hand. So yes, 3pt (front jack & two wheels is great. So something else to add to my *to get* list - Beech Lane, etc. I'll look at some YouTube on that process. Thanks again.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you definitely don't want to use those scissor jacks to level. They are only put down once the trailer is level, to help keep the trailer from bouncing all over the place. "You know...like the sign says" stabilizers.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S