Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems connecting to forum

testing, testing, thump, thump ---- really been having problems connecting to the internet and the forum the last couple days with our AT&T or Verizon hot spots. It's really zonkey this morning, getting and keeping connections. Internet storms? Hope everyone has their security software up to date.
    Must be the Russians, Right? LOLs
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-22-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are coming thru loud and clear Steven.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading you 4x4 here, too. We have had zero issues with our Verizon hot-spot. Are you out in the boonies?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Verizon that had the commercial Can you here me now? [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Reading you 4x4 here, too. We have had zero issues with our Verizon hot-spot. Are you out in the boonies?

Rob
    No not really, Our Verizon hot spot running on Iphones has 3 or 4 bars, good signal, but keeps dumping us from the internet. Every time I would get a connection to the internet, logon to the forum or e-mail it would dump saying no internet connection. Our AT&T hot spots on Iphones with 3 or 4 bars, good signal are doing the same thing. Connects then just dumps us out. It was really bad this morning. Seems to have settled down a lot this afternoon.

If spotty problems hadn't happen yesterday as well, I would think today it was because of the tornado damage in this area last night. The news this morning said 19 tornados last night. At least 5 in the Austin Central Texas area last night. Round Rock / Elgen got a lot of damage. None in our immediate area thank goodness.
    Also I was just reading last night the government warning about Russian cyber attacks. Sounded like a grim warning of what is to come. Urged the corporate infrastructure in transportation, electrical, banking to make sure their security was up to date. I know Apple was having a lot of trouble yesterday. Got a message their apps and cloud servers were having a problem, don't know what kind of problems.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-22-2022 at 10:41 AM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband was having trouble with the internet on his phone this morning. He has AT&T. Maybe the problem is on their end.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had spotty, sloooooow coverage yesterday morning in the Bradenton, FL area on 2 different lines and a hotspot. Funny though..I went to downdetector.com and soon as I did my signal jumped from 1 to 5 bars...which we rarely get 5 bars where we are parked. I think Verizon is throttling people even when not necessary until they either call and complain or report it to other internet sites that focus on reliability
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Wasn't Verizon that had the commercial Can you here me now? [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Yes, they did. And they were averring that you would not have that "Can you hear me now?" problem with Verizon.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having spent the last 40 year in telecom and cyber, I can think of a couple of reasons this might be happening but I will say that one of my son's Iphones (Verizon) did not show calls from work for three days after a firmware upgrade. I might consider this to be a 5G roll-out issue as wireless companies deliberately degrade performance of older RF to get you to buy a new phone. But I suspect the following more likely.

We live in a marginal signal strength area (varies from 1x to 3 bars LTE when you walk around the house) with the signal constantly fluctuating and different towers being picked up. When COVID hit and we were working from home, my calls started dropping frequently and data connection to my phone hotspot would disappear on my laptop. Many times, I could not place a call - simply got dead air. My laptop would lose internet continuously on and off which made video calls impossible.

I happened to look at my Galaxy screen one day and noticed an icon which I had never seen before over the signal strength bars - looked like a mushroom (actually a house with two wifi bars over the top). This means I was connected to someone's Verizon Network Extender rather than to any cell tower. I only had that icon if I was on the office side of my house.

I contacted Verizon and they confirmed I was connecting to an extender which they had given to my neighbor free of charge. They sent an engineer out to (adjust) signal strength in our new neighbors house (new build). That didn't help. Range is supposed to be limited to 50 feet but the closest garage portion of his house is over 100 feet away. The only way I could overcome the problem was to buy an extender from Verizon. That's when the PUC complaint went in and an extender was provided. I believe AT&T also provides network extenders.

From what I understand, Iphones don't show any icon. But you can dial #48 (Verizon) and it should tell you if your are connected to someone's extender and give you the id. That is how the techs were able to diagnose the exact issues you describe that I was experiencing. One of the most frustrating experiences when I was totally dependent on phones and data to work.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what is going on, I know nothing about cell phone technology but it's really been rough the last couple of days getting and keeping a connection to the internet with our AT&T Iphone hot spots or our Verizon V's'ble hot spot. On the status line of the hot spots there is what looks like two paperclips connected together. Maybe like you say its a change over to 5G or shut down of 3G, don't know.
    Wife is getting really frustrated when she gets a disconnect and kicked off the internet multiple times while streaming in her game shows on "frndly TV", or streaming amazon, Netfix and such. LOL's!
    Now this morning I'm getting second authentication notices whenever I try to login to our gmail account that I never got before. I don't know but somethings up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast