User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude pinbox cutout water tight?

Was looking at the cutout area of the fiberglass for the pinbox outside. There is maybe 1/2" foam rubber on the steel frame in the square, but a definite gap between the foam rubber and the fiberglass. I'm sure water spray during travel can get in there. Has anyone improved upon this design to help keep water out?
    Thanks all
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you having issues? I've never noticed that the pin box area of any of the 5th wheels I've owned/looked at were particularly watertight in that area. You could perhaps use some kind of caulking in the area if you feel there's a problem, or see problems.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, no problems. Had it for almost 5 years, just never noticed the gap in there and wondered if it was common. Just can't see a place where water would be designed to go if it got in there, so thought I'd ask the group
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs