User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.etrailer.com/Wheel-Chock...SABEgJlZfD_BwE

Problem solved. Shop around for best price seen them as low as 70 bucks. Get two you can level your trailer too
    Last edited by stumpfinder; 03-30-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpfinder View Post

Problem solved. Shop around for best price seen them as low as 70 bucks. Get two you can level your trailer too
    That aluminum wedge looks interesting. I'm a little leery of them because you're putting half (or more - see below) of the trailer weight on one axle. You are essentially carrying 7,000# (or 8,000#) on a 3,500# (or 4,000#) rated suspension spring/hanger system. Also, I don't see how you could use two to level the RV as you wouldn't be able to fit the second one between the two wheels on most trailers, including mine.

It is easy to forget that when you are jacking up one wheel of a two axle 16,000 lb trailer, you are jacking up substantially more than one fourth of the total weight. By the time you lift the jacked wheel off of the ground, you've substantially unweighted the suspension on the other axle. It is probably even worse than that. Before you jack up the wheel, measure the distance between the frame beam and the axle on the opposite side. You will likely see that distance increase a bit as you are taking some weight off of the suspension on the opposite side. To be safe, assume you are lifting at least half of the trailer weight when lifting one axle/wheel.

I used a 6 ton bottle jack on the outer most axle U-bolt on a 15,300# 5er. I could barely budge the sucker. I believe bottle jacks are rated for the whole weight of the vehicle for which you are jacking one wheel. If there is a 6 ton bottle jack out there that will lift 12,000#, I'd like to see it.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have that exact one. But have not had a chance to use it yet. Would only use it for flats, but may try it for other things.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make a good point on fitting between some axles. They are rated to hold 20,000 pounds. I have used my about 15 times. It has worked perfectly each time but once. Granted most of those 15 were on my gooseneck trailer hauling a skid steer or my tractor. The one time I had an issue was when it was about 110 outside and I was on a freshly resurfaced blacktop road and it sank about 1.5 inches I had to put a board under it to prevent it from sinking. Other than that I noticed the etrailer link has a video of them rolling a fifth wheel up on it. Not for everybody for sure but it is way better than a Jack for me. I do have a floor Jack and a stubby 20 ton bottle Jack in my truck as well hope I never need them. At the end of the day I just hope nobody reading this has to use any device on the way to/from a destination. Since joining this forum and reading about tires /pressure/rims/age etc. I replaced all the tires on my two gooseneck trailers and camper 2 years ago and have not had a blowout yet!!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make a good point on fitting between some axles. They are rated to hold 20,000 pounds. I have used my about 15 times. It has worked perfectly each time but once. Granted most of those 15 were on my gooseneck trailer hauling a skid steer or my tractor. The one time I had an issue was when it was about 110 outside and I was on a freshly resurfaced blacktop road and it sank about 1.5 inches I had to put a board under it to prevent it from sinking. Other than that I noticed the etrailer link has a video of them rolling a fifth wheel up on it. Not for everybody for sure but it is way better than a Jack for me. I do have a floor Jack and a stubby 20 ton bottle Jack in my truck as well hope I never need them. At the end of the day I just hope nobody reading this has to use any device on the way to/from a destination. Since joining this forum and reading about tires /pressure/rims/age etc. I replaced all the tires on my two gooseneck trailers and camper 2 years ago and have not had a blowout yet!!!
    Yea.... the one time I had to deal with a flat on a heavy trailer was my 1.8k pound car hauler with my 6k pound offroad Jeep on it. Decided it was safer to unload the Jeep before messing with the flat on the trailer.

More time for unload, change tire, and load again, but much much safer and easier to do with my highlift Jeep jack on the road with no weight on it!

And yes, others have mentioned the same issue with "sinking" when using the Blaylock EZ.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 03-30-2022 at 06:31 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    ...You could also use your hydraulic leveling to do the lift but that is a whole other conversation....(That's what I do)
    When we blew our last tire on our Solitude (14K) I had already bought a 4-ton bottle jack rom Harbor Freight. The jack was fine, but with the extremely short two-piece handle that came with it I couldn't get enough leverage (while lying down) to jack it up without about killing myself. My arms didn't work for a while after that.

So, not long after that I was playing with our Level-Up hydraulic jack system and "accidentally" found that I could lift the wheels off the ground! Our Solitude then spent the next two Michigan winters with the wheels off the ground!

After that I used the Level-Up system to hold the Solitude off the ground for almost two weeks in Florida while I installed Kodiak brakes and crafted metal brake lines in-between flying all over the country for work! These Level-up brakes are much hardier than some would believe.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    That looks like it would do the job well! It appears to be only 10" wide which would be great between the wheels on the a spring hanger, or under the u-bolts of an axle. The built in jackstand base is nice too. However some have had issue with leaky seals. Have you had to use it yet?
    I’ve had the Alltrade version of this jack since 2016. Used it about 8 times to lift my truck and my previous travel trailer a couple times. No issues. Keep it in the bed in case I get a flat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ULZGFU...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123