User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    xrted, are you sure about the 14.6 dropping to 13.6? What you describe is how my Victron solar controller works but not how my progressive dynamics PD9160alv converter works. My progressive dynamics PD9160alv converter goes to 14.6 and stays there but reduces the amps as the batteries get charged. I have two 100ah Battle Born batteries. I did talk to Battle Born about this one time and they said that my converter was working correctly. Since I only use my solar and not the PD9160alv unless I have cloudy day I did not check into it more.
    I can't assure total recall on this but in my last 5er I changed to the PD charger. It had a red (I think) "wizard" button on the board. If I wanted to assure a full charge I had to push this button and then it went to a higher voltage and gave a full charge to the batteries. Without doing this it seemed to remain at float voltage. This was a few years ago so maybe someone who is more current can confirm or deny.
    2021 Reflection 303rls
    2021 GMC 3500HD AT4 4X4 Duramax Standard Box
    2021 B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    I can't assure total recall on this but in my last 5er I changed to the PD charger. It had a red (I think) "wizard" button on the board. If I wanted to assure a full charge I had to push this button and then it went to a higher voltage and gave a full charge to the batteries. Without doing this it seemed to remain at float voltage. This was a few years ago so maybe someone who is more current can confirm or deny.
    Thanks for the reply. I have an older converter as xrated confirmed the other day,
    https://www.progressivedyn.com/pd9100l/ You may have an older model of this. Prior to August 2020, if I'm not mistaken they were single stage”
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    xrted, are you sure about the 14.6 dropping to 13.6? What you describe is how my Victron solar controller works but not how my progressive dynamics PD9160alv converter works. My progressive dynamics PD9160alv converter goes to 14.6 and stays there but reduces the amps as the batteries get charged. I have two 100ah Battle Born batteries. I did talk to Battle Born about this one time and they said that my converter was working correctly. Since I only use my solar and not the PD9160alv unless I have cloudy day I did not check into it more.
    It depends on when your PD converter was built. The newer ones are 2 stage and there is a label on te side stating that.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12