User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rv graveyard in the desert

Hi!! I have heard about an rv graveyard in the desert, either in Arizona, Nevada or California somewhere. The story is contractors get jobs get an rv and finish the job and allegedly leave their rv in the desert with the title in it and go back home.

I heard this from a woman at an rv dealership when I was looking for a very cheap part for my toilet and covid just started and no one was making the part. She said to go there and I would have a good chance on finding it but I was not able to drive that far at the time and had to buy a whole new toilet.

Does anyone know of such a place? We need a bunch of stuff for our rv and this would be great to salvage parts from abandoned rigs.
    Thanks for any and all help!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard of this. But then again, I'm still looking for a WW2 Jeep in a crate.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of sounds like an "Old RVer's Tale".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha! It sure does! But also sounds totally possible. Some of those people who get big contracts make a lot of money and instead of trying to sell the rig or whatever else just leave it and go home.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, i wonder how many of these "covid" RVs end up abandoned in Campgrounds, RV storage, or desolate locations. Not even to mention to default rate on longterm loans?

Already seeing LOTS of new RVs in stealership lots around here in KC MO. Could we be on the verge of a "Trailer Loan Crisis"?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of years late, but FEMA auctions stuff off periodically post disaster.

https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/FE...505664771.html

Then again, I tried to buy a WWII fighter plane when I was a teen. Did not work out as planned.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this…..?
    https://youtu.be/Vtt41vbgwn4
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s close but no cigar. :-)
    Too far away and all motorhomes. We have a fifth wheel. I guess it wouldn’t be called a graveyard as much as abandoned rvs not ruined. Feeling more and more like a myth. :-)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Concetta711 View Post
    That’s close but no cigar. :-)
    Too far away and all motorhomes. We have a fifth wheel. I guess it wouldn’t be called a graveyard as much as abandoned rvs not ruined. Feeling more and more like a myth. :-)
    You said:

I heard this from a woman at an rv dealership when I was looking for a very cheap part for my toilet and covid just started and no one was making the part. She said to go there and I would have a good chance on finding it but I was not able to drive that far at the time and had to buy a whole new toilet.

Did she work at the dealership? Could you go back/call and ask her if she knows more about where it is? Or who told her about it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Concetta711 View Post
    Hi!! I have heard about an rv graveyard in the desert, either in Arizona, Nevada or California somewhere.
    New Mexico maybe? Near Roswell?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast