User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodyear Wrangler AT Question

I've found the Goodyear Wrangler AT to wear out prematurely for us in the desert and they have lateral softness in the tires even at high pressures. Would like to go to the Michelin tire. Which one is the preferred Michelin tire for the F250? Thxs
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I as well am experiencing premature wear on my Wrangler Trailrunners and looking at Michelin. And would like some input on the LTX AT2 vs M/S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I as well am experiencing premature wear on my Wrangler Trailrunners and looking at Michelin. And would like some input on the LTX AT2 vs M/S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a set of Michelin LTX AT2 on my previous truck ('95 Chev 3500 LB CC). I really liked them the first couple of years. They were quiet and road very nicely on the highway. They had very good traction in the wet. They had reasonable traction in the snow in the winter (I live in Colorado) - they are NOT an off road tire at all. I got very good mileage (55~60k) from them. At the time I was pulling a bumper pull race car trailer (about 12,000#) all over the country. The down side for me is after the second year (had them about 6~7? years) the rubber got noticeably harder (and less traction - even on dry pavement) in colder (winter) temps. This got worse each year. By the third year, I was noticing a significant decrease in wet traction. Again, this just got worse with each year. Again, I got great life (mileage) out of them, but the rubber was getting very hard (and less traction) at the end. This was 5~12 years ago. I do not know if the tires have changed sine then. Take this as just my opinion.

As they say "Your mileage may vary"

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OEM tires are notorious for fast wear. They're often softer and have shorter tread than the aftermarket "equivalent" to improve ride and fuel economy.

I've been disappointed a couple times by Michelin tires. Both car and truck and wouldn't buy them again. They're amazing when new, but after a couple years the qualities that made them good are all gone. I had a set on my 150 that were replaced at 30,000 miles because every time we got a little rain I was sliding all over the place.

If you're interested in an All Terrain tire, I'd take a serious look at the Falken WildPeak AT/3. I currently have LT's on my F-150. They have 40,000 miles on them and are just starting to show wear. The traction is good, they're fantastic in snow and mud. There is a little highway buzz but the interior on my truck is so quiet I don't mind it. The best part is they're about $100/tire less than the BF Goodrich KO-2 that so many people use.