Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 337RLS Awning Mounting Strip Coming Loose

We're 1200 miles away from our dealer/normal service center and I notice that the top strip that holds the awning to the wall on the 5W is coming loose as it is mounted above the door.
    I am aware of the discussions, temporary fixes, and permanent fix offered by GDRV when this was encountered by others last year. (Different Rivets)

Should I try to get a mobile RV service tech out to my camp site to make a temporary fix or will it be okay to travel with it in this condition until I get back to my dealer? Right now, it has pulled away from the wall approximately 1/4 inch along a 10 inch length.

Thanks in advance,
    Ken
    (VIN is in my profile. Ph 410-991-8911)
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When in doubt, bring the Gorilla tape out. That is if you can borrow a ladder to get up there.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Have a ladder, Bamana. (Dang! I cringe when I type that. VOLman here.)
    I suppose I could put in a couple of screws or use the tape.
    Anyone know if there is more tension on the mounting when it is rolled up OR extended?

My lovely bride REALLY wants the awning out while we're here for 10 days.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed mine came loose at the front edge, about six inches and at the rear over the door about ten inches. So as not to miss my scheduled trip the next day, I cut some small plastic screw anchors in half and inserted the plastic strips in the screw holes in the ahhected areas. Cleaned off any excess sealant behind the strip and re-inserted the screws. Held very well during the whole trip. GD sent me 3/16 x 1" rivets to replace all the screws on the rail for the permanent fix. Bought a rivet gun at Ace Hardware for $12.00. Easy fix.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking there was a special rivet for that application. If you're a handyman, rivets would be a way to fix it right. They're easily removed by drilling them out if you need to go a different direction later.

FYI: I'm a Tennessean in my mind and by birth. But I'm not a Big Orange guy. I had to pick Bamaman as a name because Tennesseanman is just too long.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    We're 1200 miles away from our dealer/normal service center and I notice that the top strip that holds the awning to the wall on the 5W is coming loose as it is mounted above the door.
    I am aware of the discussions, temporary fixes, and permanent fix offered by GDRV when this was encountered by others last year. (Different Rivets)

Should I try to get a mobile RV service tech out to my camp site to make a temporary fix or will it be okay to travel with it in this condition until I get back to my dealer? Right now, it has pulled away from the wall approximately 1/4 inch along a 10 inch length.

Thanks in advance,
    Ken
    (VIN is in my profile. Ph 410-991-8911)
    Hi Ken (@Lingerlonger),

I've asked Ryan Prough, our Warranty Manager, to contact you. Please allow Ryan extra time as the building he is located in experienced a phone and internet outage earlier from our storms last night. Or, you are welcome to call him directly at (574) 825-9679 or email [email protected] (please include your 17-digit RV VIN, name, phone number, and if possible photos of your concern). Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Customer Service View Post
    Hi Ken (@Lingerlonger),

I've asked Ryan Prough, our Warranty Manager, to contact you. Please allow Ryan extra time as the building he is located in experienced a phone and internet outage earlier from our storms last night. Or, you are welcome to call him directly at (574) 825-9679 or email [email protected] (please include your 17-digit RV VIN, name, phone number, and if possible photos of your concern). Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Thank you, Janice.

I spoke to Ryan Prough by phone this afternoon, and have contacted a local mobile RV service who will come on out to our site on Wednesday morning and make the repair suggested by GDRV.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That's great!