User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzfire1 View Post
    Thanks for your info, my battery show 12.9 volts I will have to check out the rest of the system for any mechanical issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I had a similar issue with ours slowing down when lifting near to where I hook up. Later, after I noticed the slow down when auto leveling, it started to error out, it never blew fuses but the fuse started getting hot.

The second link below is to thread that helped me narrow in on the issue. I unplugged the motor from power, then worked it manually with a ratchet and found it became very difficult to turn. That's when I decided to take the jack out to take it apart to find the treaded rod didn't have much grease on it. Mine turned out to be the threaded block on the curb side, the treads were almost all sheared off. I replaced the jack leg, less the motor from the link below. I later decided to replace the other side saving the old one as back up because I didn't trust the threaded block. This solved my issue but I decided to make an access hole so I could lube the threaded rod (when extended) in hopes to keep it from happening again. I think it would be a real hassle to try to fix or work around if the issue occurred on a travel day, but at least I have an idea of what I would need to do.

I think some of the wear is contributed to the need to lift our 337 higher because we use an Andersen hitch. I hope this helps you figure out your issue.

https://store.lci1.com/jack-leg-5000...ct-362485.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...sue-66739.html
    Last edited by sc7903; 03-30-2022 at 02:46 PM.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 03/2018,
    Sailun 235/80/16 G Rated tires, TST507 TPMS,
    Titan electric / hydraulic Disc Brakes
    2015 Ford Platinum 6.7 Short Bed, B&W Turnoverball,
    Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum hitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sc7903 View Post
    I had a similar issue with ours slowing down when lifting near to where I hook up. Later, after I noticed the slow down when auto leveling, it started to error out, it never blew fuses but the fuse started getting hot.

The second link below is to thread that helped me narrow in on the issue. I unplugged the motor from power, then worked it manually with a ratchet and found it became very difficult to turn. That's when I decided to take the jack out to take it apart to find the treaded rod didn't have much grease on it. Mine turned out to be the threaded block on the curb side, the treads were almost all sheared off. I replaced the jack leg, less the motor from the link below. I later decided to replaced the other side saving the old one as back up because I didn't trust the threaded block. This solved my issue but later I decided to make a hole so I could lube the threaded rod (when extended) in hopes to keep it from happening again. I think it would be a real hassle to try to fix or work around if the issue occurred on a travel day, but at least I have an idea of what would need to be done.

I think some of the wear is contributed to the need to lift our 337 higher because we use an Andersen hitch. I hope this helps you figure out your issue.

https://store.lci1.com/jack-leg-5000...ct-362485.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...sue-66739.html
    Read through the links you provided, thanks, something else for me to think about. It would be nice if there was a lubrication hole in the jack to get lube inside the inner tube on the block or worm gear shaft. I was looking up GD parts for our unit and they only list hydraulic replacement cylinders.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-30-2022 at 10:12 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the old hydraulic legs on our previous Fuzion with the Bulldog legs when they finally got too slow to tolerate. They had never been fast though. The Bulldog legs were the cat's meow, and as a plus, they made it easy to compensate for uneven ground.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the Bulldog legs? Were they easy to replace?
    Thank you for all the info!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the Bulldog legs? Were they easy to replace?
    Thank you for all the info!

These are what I bought: https://www.bulldogproducts.net/prod...th-wheel-jacks, the double motor ones. They were a pain to install simply because the generator enclosure made getting to the passenger side leg extremely difficult. Actual installation was easy: pull the old legs, replace with the new legs, and then install the switch and wiring. A separate switch for each leg so they can be adjusted independently. They cost more than I liked, but they sure worked well, strong and quiet.

I guess the Reese has replaced the Bulldog legs, and cost a couple hundred bucks more. I think I paid a touch over $500 for mine quite a few years back.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your info, my battery show 12.9 volts I will have to check out the rest of the system for any mechanical issues.

12.9 v, while it’s a good static voltage it’s not a measure true battery capacity. Pull the battery, take it to an auto parts store and have them do a load test on it. If it’s over 3 years old I would replace it either way.

Dropping to 8 volts under load while raising the trailer with the jacks could either be a problem with a Jack or a failing battery.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with my 337RLS.
    I ended up taking the legs apart and was surprised to find them filled up with shavings.

Here's a link to the post I made about the process

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...t-2-0-Lead-Leg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 337 reflection. Lately every time I lift my fifth wheel to put on my truck as it gets up high enough to put on my truck the motor will slow down and then the fuse will blow. Is my motor going out? I have never had problems before.

An easy way to find out where the problem might be is to put a stack of blocks under the jacks (higher than the measured point at which the motor starts to slow down). if it all works with those blocks in place, it's probably not the motor - then you need to start looking for the resistance in the mechanical side of the jack.
    2021 Reflection 303rls
    2021 GMC 3500HD AT4 4X4 Duramax Standard Box
    2021 B&W Companion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12