Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Imagine 22RBE headboard removal - Help

My wife wants to change the material on the headboard to "brighten up the room" (Haven't even been out camping yet)

I removed one of the lights and stuck my finger in there. I can feel a metal horizontal beam just above the light, insulation and of course the wires for the light.
    I also found 6 pin nails that push through the fabric when I press the board against the front wall which I assume are holding the headboard up.

Before I undertake that task, I'd like to know a few things.
    Anyone know what I'll find behind there if I take off both lights and pull all the pin nails out? I don't want to mess anything up.
    Do the pin nails have to go back in the same area they were removed from?
    Is the metal I feel one of the main structural elements of the front wall of the camper?

Plan was to remove the headboard, wrap it in new fabric which I'll staple to the back of the wood, then re-mount the board.

Thanks for any info.
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little bump here for the thread

We have a 2022 2500RL and the wife is asking me to put up some shiplap, to brighten up the space

Having had the trailer since march changing to a wooden shiplap headboard shouldn't be a concern

I'm also interested in what I might find behind before I jump straight in, like I usually do... LOL

Thanks, Rick