Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water heater issues

Hello

Picked up a 2670 about a month ago and cant wait to use it. Problem is the water heater is giving us problems ie it doesnt work on gas or electric. Took it to the dealer to check and also added fan covers and slide cover. Problem solved? Nope. No hot water. Best I can tell no power to the unit. If there is someone out there that can help me assess with a voltage meter, please chime in. Otherwise cant wait to get out there.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New RV or used? Nautilus set up correctly or hot water heater on bypass? What type of hot water heater? Suburban with anode rod or Dometic or other brand without?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New unit. Went through the set up information with the dealer and hot water worked. Set it up at home and couldnt get hot water. By pass valves on. My bad but initially was told that the board was bad so bring it in. Did that and was told they replaced the element and temp sensor. Brought it home set it up. Now no hot water. On the first try we were getting the gas burner to come on and of course it turned itself off once it heated. Now nothing. Dometic w/ rod.

Thanks! And BTW stove works and furnace works. Everything works but the WH>

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_2670tp View Post
    New unit. Went through the set up information with the dealer and hot water worked. Set it up at home and couldnt get hot water. By pass valves on. My bad but initially was told that the board was bad so bring it in. Did that and was told they replaced the element and temp sensor. Brought it home set it up. Now no hot water. On the first try we were getting the gas burner to come on and of course it turned itself off once it heated. Now nothing. Dometic w/ rod.

Thanks! And BTW stove works and furnace works. Everything works but the WH>
    Hopefully a typo, but you responded that the bypass is on, which means to me that your hot water heater is bypassed. If that's the case, your electric element is likely fried and you have sensors tripped. Nautilus needs to be set up for city water or drawing water from your fresh water tank using the pump, making sure in either case the hot water tank is not bypassed.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No that was the first try. The valves are set correctly and have water to the tank. Just no power or board os bad?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to "Plumbing And Water Systems," title changed for clarity.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert but they way I would approach this is to first hook up to city water, make sure your Nautilus control panel is set to city water settings, and (with the water heater off-no hot water in tank) gently open the pressure relief valve, or remove the drain plug to make sure you have water pressure into the tank.

Second, you are going to have to be able to take voltage measurements. You need to verify there is 12 volts DC present to the water heater control board. This is mandatory whether operating on propane or 120vac. lastly (hooked to shore power) you need to verify there is 120 volts AC present at the heating element.

I can't imagine beginning to troubleshoot a water heater until knowing these basic pieces of info. Others may disagree or have other trouble shooting techniques.
    Last edited by dryfly; 03-26-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part 1 is correct. Hooked to city water and water in the tank. Ive checked the PR valve and have water. Valves are set correctly, not on By pass.

Part 2 is my interest. I have a VM but at a lost on just how to check voltage on this unit. Circuit breaker is on. I have gas to the stove, furnace and outside griddle. I did call the service dept where I bought it and they walked me through a few checks with no luck. The last thing I want to do is haul it back and have it wait god knows how long to look at it.

Thank you for your reply.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say you've checked the circuit breaker, but have you checked the fuse to the 12V control board?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the water heater actually plugged into the 110 supply outlet?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast