User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion 12v Fridge Not Getting Cool

We have a 22 Reflection 341rds with the 12v fridge. Fridge has power, but not cooling. Any advice?

We have taken this out 3 times since getting it in Dec.
    *1st time, full hookups and no issues
    *2nd time, full hookups and fridge stopped working - no power going to it at all…had to call out RV tech who found a loose wire underneath that had burned through…GD reimbursed us for the repair
    *3rd time, no hookups, used a 3000 watt portable generator and no issues

We’re ‘hoping’ to leave tomorrow on a trip…plugged rig into house yesterday, but fridge never got cool…rig is getting power, even tried microwave and it works…the lights to the fridge are working, it’s just not getting cool.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might call out the tech again or bring it back to GD dealer to diagnose for warranty replace or repair.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a buddy that had the same issue, eventually ended up getting a whole new fridge

In my case, mine freezes most stuff even when turned down into the travel/energy saver mode... if I go below that, the temp goes up to 38-39 degrees,,, yipee until everything in the freeze starts to melt.

I called my dealer and they said the thermostat is likely bad and I have to bring it in

Good luck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MikeandCindy had a very similar issue. The fridge was turned on at the dealer to so we could check it before hooking up and pulling away. It was working fine. We got it home on the driveway and I turned it on again and it worked just fine. I left it on for 10 hrs. A week later we turned it on on a Thursday to get ready for a trip and found it to be hot inside on Friday - the day we were leaving. I turn it off and back on several times, disconnected shore power and turned batter switch off. Nothing. Nada. The compressor never kicked on. I called dealer, they said I had to bring it in to troubleshoot. I called Grand Design and talked to Customer Support and was then connected to tech support. Tech Support (TS) had me disconnect shore power, turn off the battery switch AND disconnect the battery terminal wires, both of them. When I hooked power back up and turned on the fridge I could hear the compressor running. Then TS told me to turn off the fridge. So I did. Then TS told me to turn it back on. So I did. Nothing, no compressor running... At that point I told TS I'd try to disconnect everything once more and crossed my fingers. After all power was disconnected, I turned on the fridge and the compressor kicked on. We have been on back to back weekend trips so haven't turned off fridge yet. I'm planning to take it in to dealer to troubleshoot at some point. Oh yeah, the dealer told me they have had lots of issues with the Furrion DC fridges and have just been replacing them. I'm kind of hopping this fridge just needs to be broken in... Either way I have a case # with GD.
    AJ & Shells
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD