User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We did it several years ago with our 36' Reflection 337 - no problems. On the way back out, we did meet a school bus coming in... perhaps it was @ManageIT (not kidding about the school bus). We were able to pass each other without a problem. We consider the park one of the most beautiful places we've been.
    That's reassuring! Thanks, Rob.

It's pretty enough I guess. When the summer heat hits though, there is little air movement down in the hole. It get toasty fast.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Full Timer, Winter in Palm Springs CA, CO and AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recommend you Check the OK DOT website to see if there are any length restrictions on that highway.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t been to red rock canyon yet so no first hand experience but some of the people that I have talked to said it looks worse than it is. They said just go slow and use low gear going down. Good luck, let us know how it is pleas.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Recommend you Check the OK DOT website to see if there are any length restrictions on that highway.
    What highway? 281? The road in questions is the park entrance. Private, dead end drive down into the hole.

Legal combo length in OK is 65' I believe. With this stretched out long bed mega cab and the 367BHS I'm 24" from the limit. No worries about highway restrictions.

Looks like the trip has been moved to June due to some conflicting dates for all parties involved in the trip. I'll post up when it happens. Kinda disappointed it moved out so far but that give me more time to mess with the truck mods and get my air compressor setup all done.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have found YouTube is your friend. I have a 40’ Solitude and if there is a concern I go looking for a video. See if this one helps. Looks manageable to me. https://youtu.be/ppAu1LPVPPs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osogrande View Post
    So I have found YouTube is your friend. I have a 40’ Solitude and if there is a concern I go looking for a video. See if this one helps. Looks manageable to me. https://youtu.be/ppAu1LPVPPs
    Well, we will give her a try when we can schedule everyone at the same time. A campfire and guitar isn't the same without the entire tribe.

At the 5:20 mark....the trailer wasn't on the truck when he climbed out of the canyon. No way in heyall could he have cut that corner like that with a trailer and not had the trailer axles climbing the wall. I think this video was shot without a trailer. And once I noticed that, I went back and looked at the initial drive into the canyon. I don't think he had a trailer on that time as well. No extra swing and he didn't even slow down much. Cool video but I'm going with what is "no trailer" for $1000, Alex.

Edit: Author of the video confirmed in his comments the video was taken bobtail. $.02
    Last edited by 4x4dually; 04-11-2022 at 07:15 AM.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured he was not pulling a big trailer considering your looking out the front of a Jeep and to your point, he cuts the corners. My thought was only that it gives a first person perspective instead of that flat satellite view from Google maps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osogrande View Post
    I figured he was not pulling a big trailer considering your looking out the front of a Jeep and to your point, he cuts the corners. My thought was only that it gives a first person perspective instead of that flat satellite view from Google maps.
    O, I appreciate the video, don't get me wrong. Thanks for posting.

I completely missed the jeep hood. That was pretty dumb of me.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving for anyone still interested...

We were there over Memorial weekend. No issues getting up or down the canyon entrance switchback. It might get tight if you meet someone while going around the corner but visibility is good.

As an added note...great cell service there, at least with ATT and T-Mobile.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post
    Reviving for anyone still interested...

We were there over Memorial weekend. No issues getting up or down the canyon entrance switchback. It might get tight if you meet someone while going around the corner but visibility is good.

As an added note...great cell service there, at least with ATT and T-Mobile.
    Great. Thanks for the report. We still haven't scheduled out trip down there. Got too many irons in the fire. Maybe in a few weeks.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast