User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you always start with the passenger side? If so, try starting on the drivers side.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used this same WDH for six years on two different trailers. Never have encountered a significant difference in chain tension side to side. The second bar will be a bit easier because the first bar has some effect once it’s cam is set.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... not sure if this plays in, or not. On my previous Imagine 2150, after one season with the BlueOx setup, I somehow ended up with a bent 750lb bar. I always wondered why only the one bar. I noticed no difference when tensioning on side over the other.
    Are your chains hanging vertical when latched? Distance from the ball is a starting point, then adjust for vertical alignment. As others have said, TV & TT must be aligned on a level surface.

Might be worth a call/email to BlueOx support... I sent them pictures of my bent bar and they replaced with a new bar set... no issues. Great customer service in my experience.
    Mike & Sonya
    Lake Huron Shoreline, SW Ontario
    2021 Imagine 2400BH (DeBunked), Blue Ox Swaypro
    2017 Silverado 1500 CC 5.3 Tow Pkg, RAS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Even with the slide in, it's a lot more weight on one side compared to the other.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Agreed with this. I have the 315rlts and the drivers side has far more weight. Always do the drivers side first. Seems easier to me. One side is definitely going to be harder than the other for to the weight.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 297RSTS is heavier on the kitchen side, understandably. That means that torsion bar is carrying more weight down the frame to the A frame on that side. That side, every hook up, the passenger side on our 297RSTS, requires slightly more tension/effort to connect. We have 1200lb torsion bars and use the 8th link on our Blue Ox WD hitch. However, I always, and have for 28 years or so, always conected and used the A frame/tongue jack to raise the front of the TT and the rear of the TV to enable almost effortless rotation/connection of the torsion bar. Yes it is weird to see your TV way up in the rear as you do that, but that kind of strain is nothing compared to towing a TT down the Pennsylvania Turnpike!
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    Our 297RSTS is heavier on the kitchen side, understandably. That means that torsion bar is carrying more weight down the frame to the A frame on that side. That side, every hook up, the passenger side on our 297RSTS, requires slightly more tension/effort to connect. We have 1200lb torsion bars and use the 8th link on our Blue Ox WD hitch. However, I always, and have for 28 years or so, always conected and used the A frame/tongue jack to raise the front of the TT and the rear of the TV to enable almost effortless rotation/connection of the torsion bar. Yes it is weird to see your TV way up in the rear as you do that, but that kind of strain is nothing compared to towing a TT down the Pennsylvania Turnpike!
    We do the same thing to make it easier to get the torsion bars in. Works great.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12