User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Polls being put out by our Congressional representatives on whether individuals would prefer permanent Standard Time or permanent Daylight Savings Time. I've survived the 1973-1974 experiment on permanent DST - gave me an extra hour to play golf end of day but still had to get on line in the dark to get gas every morning. Proponents of both are all over the map on this. Curious how others feel.

DST became standardized at 6 months in 1966, grew to 7 months in 1986, and 8 months in 2007. I think I would have different opinions depending upon whether I lived in the eastern or western portions of a time zone.

Interesting web site to play around with here https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/boston
    Part of this issue is that the Senate did not really discuss this. Just voted to keep DST year round. I know most of us don't live in Alaska, but consider the issues in Fairbanks! https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/fairbanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer that we adopt DST permanently to give us an extra hour of daylight at the end of the day instead of the beginning. The schools should simply adjust their start and end times 1 hour ahead. Kids could get on the bus in the daylight (except our rural kids who get on a bus at 6:45am) and when us folks stuck in an office can get home from work and have some daylight to feed cows and take care of chores. It is the best of both worlds. That's my $.02
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote to stop changing time. It's actually a proven fact that car and work accidents increase in the weeks following clock changes either forward or back. Now if I have to choose, then I'd rather have a cold beer on a sunny deck after work then a warm coffee on a sunny deck before work. [emoji16] don't get me wrong, I love sunrises but I also have a window office. Lol

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are more thoughts on the complaints and whining: http://andywoodruff.com/blog/where-t...re-to-love-it/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    I prefer that we adopt DST permanently to give us an extra hour of daylight at the end of the day instead of the beginning. The schools should simply adjust their start and end times 1 hour ahead. Kids could get on the bus in the daylight (except our rural kids who get on a bus at 6:45am) and when us folks stuck in an office can get home from work and have some daylight to feed cows and take care of chores. It is the best of both worlds. That's my $.02

I agree. I leave the gun shop at 6pm year round. I really like light at the end of the day to get things done. Around here, for some farmers and ranchers anyway, the time doesn't matter since some them work from sun rise to sun set and time only matters for lunch and dinner.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2020 Chevy 2500HD LT Z71 6.6 gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care -- we are retired so it is all the same. We adjust to fit the sun.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12