User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Truck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    You would need to sell your truck for at least $5,000 more than trade in offer to make up for additional sales tax on new truck.

The only way I would sell an $80k asset is to use and escrow service like this https://www.carchex.com/research-cen...row-explained/

A few years ago I sold our airplane and used an escrow service. They did all the title work, and wired funds to my bank when buyer was satisfied with final inspection. Once I confirmed my bank had the funds I released the plane to him. It protected the buyer and seller.
    Thanks for the idea. I just got a quote from Carvana (FINALLY) and vroom & they offered $72k & $76k. Bluebook trade-in value is $91k and private party value is $95k, so they are WAY off. The dealer I purchased the truck from offered me $88.5k, so it’s looking more and more like either a private party or trade in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a quote from Carvana last night after a friend told me about it. The quote was instant on their website followed up by an email I got this morning. The quote said my truck was "...not their sweet spot..." and offered $42k. On truck trader it prices out around $65k. So, like Carvana said - it certainly wasn't their 'sweet spot'.

btw - my King Ranch order place at the end of October may get built in May (if Ford doesn't slip the build date again between now and then).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt,

First, you missed the boat, it’s too late to order a 2022. Ford is no longer taking 2022 Super Duty orders as of today 4/1/22. They don’t expect to open order banks for 2023s for another 6 months. So earliest you will see a F-450 when order banks reopen will probably be this time next year. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/in...r-bank-update/

I have 3 Ford trucks on order and I don’t have a build date on any of them. Best guess it won’t be until October or later before I see any of them.
    Ordered a 2022 F-350 SRW Platinum 4 months ago (X-Plan)
    Ordered a 2022 F-450 Platinum 3 months ago (4% below invoice)
    Ordered a 2022 F-450 loaded King ranch 1 month ago (X-Plan)

I currently have my 2020 F-350 Loaded Lariat with only 7,100 miles on it and first dealer locked trade in price of $2,000 more than I paid for it, if and when my 2022 F-350 comes in.

Jerry (USAF 1966-1970)
    I have to ask..... why did you order 3 trucks?
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I have to ask..... why did you order 3 trucks?
    I’ll try to keep it short. Dealers can’t order inventory for their lots so new Super Duty truck prices, exspecially F-450s, are through the roof.

1st I ordered the F-350 Platinum locally after finding a dealer that would order with X-plan about $5k below sticker. No deposit or commitment required and price locked. They offered me $2k more than I paid for my 2020. So I ordered a ‘22 Platinum to replace my 2 year old Lariat for $3,500 plus my truck. I could have ordered an identical 2022 Lariat for even swap with my 2 year old 2020 truck. Crazy.

2nd I came across Chapman Ford offer for 4% below invoice with no commitment and no deposit. I ordered a F-450 Platinum from them. MSRP $88,410 my sale price is $80,562. Heck of a deal! By the time that comes in I should have my new 350. At that time I have 3 options.
    A) Trade my 2022 F-350 in on it likely at a profit
    B) buy the F-450 outright and sell it privately or to another dealer for a profit, even after taxes and fees.
    C) don’t buy it and let dealership put it on their lot and list it for $15,000 more than I would pay.

Then another local dealer was offering $150 cash when you order a truck with no commitment or deposit. They don’t care if you change your mind you still get to keep the cash. So I ordered a loaded F-450 King Ranch from them using X-plan. The MSRP is $89,630, my sale price was $84,985. I should have the same 3 options as above. Potential to make several thousand or walk away with no risk. I already have 2 people who offered to buy it from me.

There are NO new F-450s within 500 miles for sale. When one becomes available dealers have lists of business owners willing to pay well over MSRP.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 04-03-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    Thanks for the idea. I just got a quote from Carvana (FINALLY) and vroom & they offered $72k & $76k. Bluebook trade-in value is $91k and private party value is $95k, so they are WAY off. The dealer I purchased the truck from offered me $88.5k, so it’s looking more and more like either a private party or trade in.

Matt,

My on order loaded 2022 F-450 King Ranch is “only” $85,000 with X-plan. Crazy prices on trucks that are available for immediate sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2ED872F1-0F63-4EA9-B4E3-11E0F2A1716B.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 04-02-2022 at 12:51 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt,

My loaded 2022 F-450 King Ranch is “only” $85,000 with X-plan. Crazy prices on trucks that are available for immediate sale.
    Yeah, prices are pretty crazy for you. My truck only has 19,300 miles on it, so I’m hoping I will get in the upper 80s for trade-in.

Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered a 2022 F250 in Late March 2021, Delivered August 1st. Ordered as a Dealer's allotment. Only discounts were X plan and Military, $4,000 off sticker.

Sold a 2012 F1250 Platinum July 30th for $20,000 cash after 30 minutes on Craigslist. Ford dealer had offered $18,000, local note lot $17,000, and Carmax $15,000 on line.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered an F-450 Platinum at the end of September 2021. We know the dealership owner personally, se sat together while he used the older ford direct system to enter the order. 2 days after we put the order in the regional rep verified the the order was a 'clean' customer verified, highest priority code order. Which means Ford had all of the parts on hand for the rig we put together. We had originally hoped for the end of the year for build.

The order has been bumped 3 times now and is slated for a May build. The problem arising now is that delivery times are now getting worse and worse. Best guess was delivery in Late June. We are going to going on the road full time here later this month and also plan on going to a fifth wheel in the not too distant future. We needed a truck ended up getting a bit lucky and finding a 22 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW 6.7 HO with only 6k on it a couple of weeks ago but from a different dealer. (Happened to be test driving an f-350 when they wheeled in on to the lot). Got the deal done for a bit more than I would have liked but nothing near what they typical markups have been on these one tons lately and we ended up getting near stupid money on our trade. Now I am in a bit of a conundrum as we surely don't need 2 trucks and this RAM is growing on me quick. We'll see where things are when delivery of the f-450 actually occurs.

In talking with the regional rep and the dealership owner through this process they are under the impression that even if they could sort out all of the variables with the current production today they are thinking it will take 2 or 3 years to actually get back to where the supply/demand metrics would 'normally' be. As of the first week of March they have somewhere in the order of 165 super duty orders backlogged from as far back as May of last year...
    Dennis, Jill and the girls
    2022 Transcend Xplor 261BH, 2022 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW, Ford F-450 Platinum (still on order)
    RIP 2021 Transcend 261BH (Totaled by a Semi after just 3 mos and 4.5k of use)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by df_2112 View Post
    We ordered an F-450 Platinum at the end of September 2021. We know the dealership owner personally, se sat together while he used the older ford direct system to enter the order. 2 days after we put the order in the regional rep verified the the order was a 'clean' customer verified, highest priority code order. Which means Ford had all of the parts on hand for the rig we put together. We had originally hoped for the end of the year for build.

The order has been bumped 3 times now and is slated for a May build. The problem arising now is that delivery times are now getting worse and worse. Best guess was delivery in Late June. We are going to going on the road full time here later this month and also plan on going to a fifth wheel in the not too distant future. We needed a truck ended up getting a bit lucky and finding a 22 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW 6.7 HO with only 6k on it a couple of weeks ago but from a different dealer. (Happened to be test driving an f-350 when they wheeled in on to the lot). Got the deal done for a bit more than I would have liked but nothing near what they typical markups have been on these one tons lately and we ended up getting near stupid money on our trade. Now I am in a bit of a conundrum as we surely don't need 2 trucks and this RAM is growing on me quick. We'll see where things are when delivery of the f-450 actually occurs.

In talking with the regional rep and the dealership owner through this process they are under the impression that even if they could sort out all of the variables with the current production today they are thinking it will take 2 or 3 years to actually get back to where the supply/demand metrics would 'normally' be. As of the first week of March they have somewhere in the order of 165 super duty orders backlogged from as far back as May of last year...
    I'm not convinced this is the case ("...all parts on hand..."). I ordered at the end of October, got my VIN number in January, and am hoping my May 2nd date doesn't slip again (it has slipped 4 times already). I asked why, if I have a VIN, the truck still takes so long to build over on the Blue Oval forum and folks mostly said it simply means Ford expects to have all the parts (they are on order with an expected delivery date) but it doesn't mean all the parts are on hand yet.

I figure in good times it took a good 8 to 12 weeks from order to build. That's when supply chains were full and flowing. Now I think Ford is betting on what is going to come in when they estimate a build date. And when their vendors don't deliver, the build date slips. Otherwise it should only take 8 to 12 weeks for a build.

Not helping some of us are those that order multiple trucks hoping to snag just one. That's great for dealers since they haven't been able to order stock orders (or commercial orders) for quite a few months - they get 'stock' if the ordered cancels, but it only delays another orderer's build more. Seems a bit like the 'reservation-game' some folks play when reserving campsites - over book and hope). (sorry Jerry - not trying to pick on you - lots of folks putting in multiple orders)
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'm not convinced this is the case ("...all parts on hand..."). I ordered at the end of October, got my VIN number in January, and am hoping my May 2nd date doesn't slip again (it has slipped 4 times already). I asked why, if I have a VIN, the truck still takes so long to build over on the Blue Oval forum and folks mostly said it simply means Ford expects to have all the parts (they are on order with an expected delivery date) but it doesn't mean all the parts are on hand yet.
    I don't doubt that the 'expected' delivery of parts factored in to the clean part of the order. In addition according to the rep that personnel and workforce issues have magnified those issues at every level. I am currently in your same queue although I have had my VIN quite a bit longer. One thing is for sure is that whatever the issues are they don't seem to be getting better at the moment.
    Dennis, Jill and the girls
    2022 Transcend Xplor 261BH, 2022 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW, Ford F-450 Platinum (still on order)
    RIP 2021 Transcend 261BH (Totaled by a Semi after just 3 mos and 4.5k of use)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast