Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GE Refrigerator light

We are the happy owners of a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH. Love it so far, very happy to upgrade from a Forest River Rockwood Roo to the Grand Design. We have the GE GPV10 refrigerator. I can't figure out how to keep the fridge light off when I leave the door open. When we store the camper, I want to leave the door of the fridge open so it doesn't get musty but the interior fridge light stays on. That can't be good for the battery. Short of something dopey like slapping duct tape over the door/light sensor, or taking out the bulb, how can I keep the light off and the door open? Thanks for any help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn off the master switch (for my 21bhe its in the pass thru) and the frig won't have any power

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried that--I twisted and removed the red master power switch in the pass thru. The fridge light stayed on. I think it is because of the solar panel. I also tried leaving the fridge door open for five minutes (actually seven) to see if it would shut off automatically. No luck. I looked in the fuse panel and didn't see a fuse labeled "Refrigerator". So, I'm at a loss.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the fridge fused? If the fridge is wired to the 12V side of the convertor then just remove the blade fuse for it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks goducks14. I expect there is a fuse somewhere for the refrigerator but I don't know where that fuse would be. Where on the camper would I find the 12v side of the converter?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to your circuit panel. Push open the front panel door. Inside there should be 2 sections. One section has breakers like in your house and the other section uses green, blue, red or? colored blade fuses.
    There should be a sticker inside that lists what the breakers and fuses are for.
    If there's a listing for the fridge then pull that fuse.
    Not sure if yours is even wired this way so this is all just a hunch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again goducks14. I opened the fuse panel but don't see a breaker or fuse labeled Refrigerator. I'll take a picture of the fuse box and post it tomorrow. I can try flipping some of the breakers and see if any impact the fridge. Since our camper has a solar panel and solar power controller, there are things I can't figure out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are having the exact same problem. You find a solution?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a new 2400BH owner as well and I just realized I will have the same issue as you. I have heard that there is another fuse related to these somewhere other than the main panel but I would say your easiest bet would be to disconnect the battery after throwing your disconnect switch. The switch leaves power to fridge and emergency items like detectors even after it's thrown.