User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I will say that it rode very smooth. I'm just going to double check everything because the dealer installed it. I watch the tech take it out of the box and it would not sit on the ball. So they were going to get a 'smaller' ball. NOT. One look under and I knew Reese had installed the coupler shaft with cut out facing aft. Quick fix. Also, it came with 8 bolts and they added two more - not sure why. He put 40 PSI in - pin isn't quite centered but he was hesitant to put any more in.
    40 PSI is the max PSI for the GooseBox

Wow, they wanted to install a smaller ball ????

Glad you were smart enough to figure out the problem.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post

Wow, they wanted to install a smaller ball ????

Glad you were smart enough to figure out the problem.
    Yep. Now I have to correct the Battleborn installation mess. Clearly they don't do much with lithiums either. It's a big dealership too.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its 50psi max, unless Gen 2 is different. The relief valve will prevent over filling anyway. Reportedly the gen 2 relief valve works better than gen 1. Mine (gen 1) has been removed and plugged. It would lose air through the relief valve during travel. (at the advice of reese)
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Now I have to correct the Battleborn installation mess. Clearly they don't do much with lithiums either. It's a big dealership too.
    Now that sounds like a great post to read.

PM me if I can help you untangle what they did.

David
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I think its 50psi max, unless Gen 2 is different. The relief valve will prevent over filling anyway. Reportedly the gen 2 relief valve works better than gen 1. Mine (gen 1) has been removed and plugged. It would lose air through the relief valve during travel. (at the advice of reese)
    Definitely 40 PSI with Gen 2.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that sounds like a great post to read.

PM me if I can help you untangle what they did.

David
    I will David and thank you. I've updated the Jaboni and solar is keeping the batteries charged. Need to install the Progressive Dynamics converter and Victron shunt. But see the pic below and covers are coming off. I think given how broken they are, I'll just cut them off. How they wired underneath is a mystery so far but the install will definitely cut the insulation on the cables. Not sure what to do with the lead acid vent yet. I'll take another snap off once I get the battery covers off - looks like they screwed the bottom portions in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery install.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	39826
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will David and thank you. I've updated the Jaboni and solar is keeping the batteries charged. Need to install the Progressive Dynamics converter and Victron shunt. But see the pic below and covers are coming off. I think given how broken they are, I'll just cut them off. How they wired underneath is a mystery so far but the install will definitely cut the insulation on the cables. Not sure what to do with the lead acid vent yet. I'll take another snap off once I get the battery covers off - looks like they screwed the bottom portions in.

I removed the battery box from my front hold and covered up the hole on the bottom of the floor and the forward facing vent.

That install definitely looks half $*&%$ (done).
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed the battery box from my front hold and covered up the hole on the bottom of the floor and the forward facing vent.

That install definitely looks half $*&%$ (done).
    Yes. They sell units with lithiums so I thought they would do a better job than that. They installed them at my request since I didn't want the extra Lead Acids to worry about. The boxes I think are screwed to the floor. I haven't hooked up shore yet until I change the PDU.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Owner's manuals are getting bigger and bigger. And most every detail counts anymore. I think some of my college books were easier to read and understand. I still have to refer to mine from time to time to understand what I think I know.

as the saying goes..... RTFM
    I've looked at some of my daughter's college text books and they are no better than modern user manuals.

On the bright side, I've found that it's easier to ask Google than to try to decipher the manual 😁

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the vent holes, I used some aluminum tape to seal the floor hole then some indoor/outdoor carpet over the entire floor. For the front facing vent, I found an expanding test plug in the plumbing section at Lowes. That fit perfect.If you are going to keep the BBs in the front compartment, then some sealing of that compartment is a good idea, as it will retain heat better for cold weather camping
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast