Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    40 PSI is the max PSI for the GooseBox

Wow, they wanted to install a smaller ball ????

Glad you were smart enough to figure out the problem.
    Too bad they are installing a system that has a delay. There are better systems out there. Getting this factory option is not really the best system that is available. Aftermarket companies do a far better job at this and they offer support after the sale.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2psnapod2 View Post
    Too bad they are installing a system that has a delay. There are better systems out there. Getting this factory option is not really the best system that is available. Aftermarket companies do a far better job at this and they offer support after the sale.
    Actually I believe most electric over hydraulic brakes on our rigs have an inherent delay, whether from the factory or not. It's just the way they work. It takes time for the electric motor to pump up the pressure in the brake lines upon initial activation. I'm afraid it is just part of the way things work.

While I am at it - I am not sure how RAMS (or even GMs) work, but with Ford "...the trailer brake controller reduces output at vehicle speeds below 11 mph
    (18 km/h) so that trailer and vehicle braking is not jerky or harsh..." I notice this effect when driving at very low speed and then going down a slight incline (like leaving a driveway onto a road); it is noticeable as the rig seems to want to push the truck, so I just apply a bit more braking.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Actually I believe most electric over hydraulic brakes on our rigs have an inherent delay, whether from the factory or not. It's just the way they work. It takes time for the electric motor to pump up the pressure in the brake lines upon initial activation. I'm afraid it is just part of the way things work.

While I am at it - I am not sure how RAMS (or even GMs) work, but with Ford "...the trailer brake controller reduces output at vehicle speeds below 11 mph
    (18 km/h) so that trailer and vehicle braking is not jerky or harsh..."
    This is a hot topic on Heartland and Alliance forums as well as RAM forums. RAM went to a smart integrated controller which adjusts voltage to the trailer brakes based upon how much pressure you put on the pedal. I noticed the same this past week. Most of the RAM pulled Alliance owners have the gain set to 7.5 -8.5 which to me seems very high. It's hard for me to determine quality of braking yet as I'm sure the pads aren't fully bedded yet. I don't believe I'm at my comfort level setting yet. But had to stop from 55 twice and the harder I pushed, the more the trailer brakes engaged and had to reduce pedal pressure both times to avoid stopping too early.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    This is a hot topic on Heartland and Alliance forums as well as RAM forums. RAM went to a smart integrated controller which adjusts voltage to the trailer brakes based upon how much pressure you put on the pedal. I noticed the same this past week. Most of the RAM pulled Alliance owners have the gain set to 7.5 -8.5 which to me seems very high. It's hard for me to determine quality of braking yet as I'm sure the pads aren't fully bedded yet. I don't believe I'm at my comfort level setting yet. But had to stop from 55 twice and the harder I pushed, the more the trailer brakes engaged and had to reduce pedal pressure both times to avoid stopping too early.
    With my RAM, and trailer with the disc brakes, the best setting I have found for me is 7.0 on the brake controller.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the Brakerite Actuator does not have the 3 second delay. More like a second if that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2psnapod2 View Post
    Actually the Brakerite Actuator does not have the 3 second delay. More like a second if that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    ^^^^. What he said. Brakerite delay to build pressure is probably less than 1 second.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    ^^^^. What he said. Brakerite delay to build pressure is probably less than 1 second.
    Hopefully I didn't mislead folks. My Hydrastar is maybe a second at the most. The point I meant to make was that IS a delay - even if it a short one.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123