Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andersen Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    That is why most trailers come with ST tires rather than LT. You wouldn't want to do that all the time, but ST tires are made to take that kind of punishment.
    I really hate to hijack this thread, but that statement deserves to be backed up the reasoning behind it. The sidewalls on an ST tire are about as sturdy as tissue paper compared to an LT tire. An LT tire will stand up to much more abuse than an ST tire.

Sorry about the hijack, but could not let that statement pass without a defiant denial.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MS10r1954 View Post
    Have you looked at the PullRite 2600k single point attachment? This is my second trailer with it and I love it. Only weighs in at 64 lbs and gives me my bed back when I need it.
    This is what I have also, I had it now for about two years and I have never had a problem with it, I just and even now on a cross country trip from WA to NC and not one problem. When I bought it I had a SB but now I just bought a ram that have a LB.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have purchased an Andersen ultimate hitch an totally love it. I pull a Solitude 384. The hitch has performed flawlessly, and I wrote Andersen and received permission to drill out two holes in the support plate so I can install the requisit safety chain attachments. As happy as I am with the Andersen Hitch I would not recommend it for your truck because your bed is too short. I have an F350 with a 6 ft 9 in bed and if I take a turn greater than 70 degrees I would take out my back window. If this sounds like experience talking it is. One back window in Minnisota, $1200.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 30k miles on my Andersen pulling a 14k trailer (RAM long bed). No issues.

I helped a buddy install the Andersen in his RAM short bed pulling a 341RDS. He has not had any issues with turning radius and is quite adventurous in campsite selection. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used my Andersen hitch since purchasing the Solitude in 2017 and the owner before used it before me and there's been no problems. My Andersen hitch is the steel one! It's a bit heavier but I can lift it into the truck bed myself. One thing I did was reversed the installation of the red camper half of the Andersen hitch. Most users I've noticed in campgrounds have the red part forward of the kingpin, but mine is behind the kingpin. The reason was to minimize the length of the fifth-wheel hitch. Now when I make a tight turn the fifth-wheel hitch doesn't scape the side rails of my 6 1/2-foot pickup bed. I've never had to turn so tight that I came close to the 90 degrees, but I do watch so the front of the fifth-wheel doesn't hit the truck cab. I've never had a problem with tight turns with this setup and I have made some tight turns. With this reverse setup it's important to make sure those allen wrench set screws are tight. I also created a thick metal band that I installed around the rubber pad on the Rota-Flex hitch to take up the extreme tilt when you use the Andersen hitch. Andersen hitch sells the same thing and it's called the Rota-Flex Lockout Kit. My homemade one is not shown in the picture since I did that long after that picture was taken. All in all, I'm happy with the setup and it has worked great for me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ReversedHitch.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	41587
    Larry and Vicki
    2016 Solitude 305RE - Sailun S637 ST
    2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ
    TranferFlow 50 Gal Aux Tank
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123