Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV playing through Furion DV7200

Hello all,

We have a new imagine 2500 RL and the TLC Roku TV seems to only play sound through the TV speakers. I haven't yet figured out a way to get sound to come through the Furion DV7200 system

I tried running an HDMI cable from the TV to the front of the Furion that didn't work regardless of the input selection.

Where the TV plugs into the wall behind it, there is only a single coax cable connection. No HDMI or any other connections.

I've reached out to Furion support and so far they're having a hard time even following the email thread, let alone provide anything helpful

Am I out of luck with this setup?

Rick

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran an HDMI cable from the TV to the back of our Furrion unit and turned on ARC to send the sound to the Furrion. You may have multiple HDMI jacks on the TV so make sure you use the one with ARC. I then upgraded our ceiling speakers.
    South Central Texas
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the HDMI connected to furrion you choose ARC on the furrion remote to hear TV audio through the RV speakers. You must change your TV sound settings to use ARC. My Roku TV has the option through the main settings from the home screen.

I was told it was impossible when I went through the walkthrough. Nope. It's possible. [emoji16]

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore that this link is for a sound bar. Same steps apply for RV speakers... https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-setup...r-tv-using-arc

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HDMI cable from the TV won't produce sound on your DV7200. The DV7200 does have HDMI connections on the front and rear but this is only a pass-through. Apparently the people at the GD factory didn't know this and they connected a HDMI cable to the back of the DV7200 but I never got it to work and I called Furrion and they confirmed it was only a pass-through. You can however connect a RCA cable from the TV to the DV7200 to get sound through the DV7200 system.

IMO the DV7200 is a piece of crapola anyway along with the speakers so you could just replace the whole system.

The option I used was to connect the TV to my portable OontZ speakers and it sounds great!
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to play with it again. Believe I tried ARC on both the TV (setting and HDMI port) and the DV7200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just joined this forum...been trying to figure out how to get the sound from the TCL Roku TV to play through the speakers via the Furrion DV7200 system in my Imagine 22 MLE. I discovered the same things others on this thread have, that the HDMI ports are just pass throughs. From your post you indicate there is a way to turn on the ARC function on the Furrion? How? I don't see any buttons on the face plate or the remote control. The HDMI cable is plugged into the TV's ARC port and I've gone through the Audio settings menu select the ARC port on the TV but the TV indicates that the receiver is off. I can't figure out how to turn it on.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV playing through Furion DV7200

Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    The HDMI cable from the TV won't produce sound on your DV7200. The DV7200 does have HDMI connections on the front and rear but this is only a pass-through. Apparently the people at the GD factory didn't know this and they connected a HDMI cable to the back of the DV7200 but I never got it to work and I called Furrion and they confirmed it was only a pass-through. You can however connect a RCA cable from the TV to the DV7200 to get sound through the DV7200 system.

IMO the DV7200 is a piece of crapola anyway along with the speakers so you could just replace the whole system.

The option I used was to connect the TV to my portable OontZ speakers and it sounds great!
    I agree with this but will add one thing. We were able to connect through the arc setting, but don’t waste your time. The sound is always losing sync. We bought a separate dvd player and run it that way through a sound bar. The DV7200 also does NOT play Blue Ray either.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Electronics.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmcclure View Post
    I just joined this forum...been trying to figure out how to get the sound from the TCL Roku TV to play through the speakers via the Furrion DV7200 system in my Imagine 22 MLE. I discovered the same things others on this thread have, that the HDMI ports are just pass throughs. From your post you indicate there is a way to turn on the ARC function on the Furrion? How? I don't see any buttons on the face plate or the remote control. The HDMI cable is plugged into the TV's ARC port and I've gone through the Audio settings menu select the ARC port on the TV but the TV indicates that the receiver is off. I can't figure out how to turn it on.
    Looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. It's hard to know whether it is the TV or the receiver that is responsible for ARC issues. I have similar issues with my iRV62 receiver. It may be a connection problem. When I remove the HDMI cable from the back of the receiver and then plug it back in, I get the ARC connection and all works fine. But as soon as I move the coach, the connection goes away. I'm guessing the vibration from over-the-road travel causes the connection to get lost.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast