Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member & First Time Owner from Texas

Really happy to have found an active forum and excited to read and learn from everyone. We just bought our first ever camper and we will pick it up next weekend. My wife grew up with various travel trailers and 5th wheels but I did not. We found a very well kept 2019 Imagine 2400BH at a local dealer that we were both quickly drawn to and after viewing many others decided to buy it. We've been leveraging her family for advice and getting ready for pick up and our first trip a couple weeks later.

My main question for now is where do y'all find good camping groups? We would love to meet and make friends with some other campers in our area.

For now it's just my wife and I with our 1yr old son and our dogs. I have a feeling we may want to upgrade to a 5th wheel in a few years but we will see how it goes.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group. Posting where you'll be and when on here will help meet up with other GD owners. FB is another place. Or just walking around the CG to meet other RViers.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. You will find many friendly folks here.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    Really happy to have found an active forum and excited to read and learn from everyone. We just bought our first ever camper and we will pick it up next weekend. My wife grew up with various travel trailers and 5th wheels but I did not. We found a very well kept 2019 Imagine 2400BH at a local dealer that we were both quickly drawn to and after viewing many others decided to buy it. We've been leveraging her family for advice and getting ready for pick up and our first trip a couple weeks later.

My main question for now is where do y'all find good camping groups? We would love to meet and make friends with some other campers in our area.

For now it's just my wife and I with our 1yr old son and our dogs. I have a feeling we may want to upgrade to a 5th wheel in a few years but we will see how it goes.

Cheers!
    Welcome to the forum. We were also from Texas (Austin Area) now fulltime. We started out attending annual GD Texas rally's and meeting people then some GD owners we met at rally's , living in the same Texas geographic area, would then get together more often. We also joined the Escapee's camping group and especially the Texas Escapee's group and they had multiple rally's through out the year. You can search for Escapee's and read up on who they are. After a little while we had all kinds of groups we could get together with. An internet search of Texas RV caravan groups or as said FB is a good source for groups, my wife does all the FBook stuff.

You are starting out with some experience with your Wife's knowledge and her family. You'll be seasoned veterans in no time meeting all kinds of people. We are in La Grange Texas right now and have met some wonderful people since being here just walking through the park and saying hello, like LeRoy and Patsy from Colorado, also fulltimers in a DRV and great funny people. Just setting around in the evening and visiting is what RVing is all about.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post

Cheers!
    We are in the Brenham area. With you being in the DFW area there are LOTS of state park options reasonably close to you. You also have the Yogi Bear in Burleson. As your kiddo gets older Yogi Bear parks are a lot of fun. Broken Bow, OK has a state park that is wonderful and not to far from the DFW area.
    2022 Solitude 380 FL-R
    2022 Ford F-450 Lariat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! We are also new owners, in the DFW area. We will be camping at Sherwood Forest Faire in Austin next weekend! So far we've found everyone at campgrounds very approachable, friendly, and eager to share their recommendations. We will try and do the same, here and in person :-)

Happy Camping!
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | 25k B&W Hitch)
    2022 Solitude 390RK-R 5th Wheel (Cummins Onan RV QG 5500 LP Generator)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, all! Appreciate the welcome. We picked up the camper this past weekend and our first trip is this upcoming weekend. We are going to get right after it!

So far her family has been a wealth of knowledge and we feel well prepared for our first trip. We will be up at Martin Creek St Park here in TX for the long weekend and then over at Arrowhead Lake St Park later this month! We are excited to get out there.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member & First Time Owner from Texas

Thousand trails has campgrounds all over Texas we are at the one in Bridgeport Texas at lake Bridgeport great place to relax and lots of things to do. Swimming pool fishing billiards and cafe on weekends as well as horseshoes and putt putt golf showers and bathroom with laundry too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! You will make friends everywhere you go and on this forum. We have been here about 18 months. Check out some of the YouTube Camper channels for humor and must haves. I learned a lot there without feeling like I was always asking the new guy questions. Happily Ever Hanks is a young couple with a good depth of basic videos.

Welcome again!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome apex32, we are in the DFW area also. There is a group that we met several of, FCRV.org. https://fcrv.org/ Family Camping RV organization. We met them in Mineola, Texas two weekends ago, great bunch of nice folks, you may want to hook up with them, they are very family/kid friendly. We were not a part of that group though, we go to Bluegrass Festivals and Jams since I play. We are older and retired. We did take our grandsons with us to Tyler State park a few years back, they have a neat lake with paddle boats etc. and a ton of raccoons that seem pretty friendly. Good luck and safe travels to you and your family!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast