User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also use Google maps to measure the site. That has helped us out many times.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, welcome to the forum. As you can already see from the multiple responses to your post, there are many friendly folks here. But of course, they don't always agree. As some of these posts have said, it all depends on what your priorities are. For us, we wanted to feel connected to the outside. So we picked a coach with a rear dinette that has an awesome view out the rear where most back-in sites have the best scenery. The 29.9-foot length of our rig means we can get into the state, national and local parks we like. But it sounds like your priorities might be different. Fortunately, there are many options, I hope you find just the rig that can support many happy memories.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. I’m in agreement but just wanted a 2nd opinion,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. The 375RES has tons of under storage, which is one of the reasons I liked it. Just wanted to be sure we’re not biting off more than we can chew. LoL Thanks again!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    We have a 295RL 5er which is 33" long from hitch to tail. It weighs only 9k dry and pulls nice. Might consider it if a 5er is what your looking for. BTW, it's also under 13' tall.
    I have to agree with Jim and Annette. We traveled across the country 2 months last year and again this year. The 295RL was the right size, the right weight, the right layout, the right height, AND, we can get to the fridge, the washroom and the bed without opening the slideout. This trailer met every box for us.
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. It’s a great idea!

Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are trading our 2019 GD 2150rb in for a 2670MK next month. So, we are going from 27' to 32'. With 2 opposing slides it will provide plenty of space when we start full timing it in June. I don't really think we need anything larger. We are getting an add a room as well. So, the new trailer put extra pressure on us having to get a new Tow Vehicle. Our 2011 Silverado can pull it with me at the wheel but that is about where the payload ends. So, we are going to buy the wife's cousin's 2015 Ram 3500 diesel.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will likely love the diesel. One of the best parts is being able to fuel up with the big boys in the truck lanes. Much easier and stress free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out that the wife's cousin's truck is out of the running. Holy cow, I don't know if I've heard a louder truck. He had an issue with the DEF system freezing up here and decided rather than repair it, he'd just remove it and the catalytic converter. He also has a lift kit and huge tires and wheels on it which I'm not keen on.

So, might get a new Big Horn 2500 with the 6.4L in a crew 4x4. It would be more than enough to tow 8500# trailer and the two of us and the pup. Should leave me about 1500# of payload in the back of the truck. The hard part is parting with $85k after taxes and such. Hopefully things work out. Very hard to find 3/4 ton trucks up here right now. Even used ones are almost non-existent.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Reflection 337RL for our 1st 5th wheel. We were still not retired but wanted to get the feel for it before we started our fulltime journey 4 years down the road. We took it out to the national parks and we kept it 2 years then traded to a shorter Reflection 27RL. The reason being because we had a difficult time finding spots we could fit in in national parks. There are a handful that can fit a 36ft but not many. And a couple of national park campgrounds we had a hard time getting around on the roads, very tight and narrow. But with our 31ft no problem. Yes we gave up convenience of a few things but really don't miss them. Been on the road with our Reflection since Feb.2019 and love every minute of it. But each has to make a decision on what makes you happy. Just enjoy ur journey. Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast