User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Length Issues

From my experience the size difference is something I have had issues with. This is our forth trailer and our first fifth wheel. We have a Solitude and it’s right around 37 feet long. This plus our F350 makes for a long rig. We bought it for the amenities and our list of requirements. It’s a beautiful trailer and has everything we wanted. I have lots of miles pulling and maneuvering but this thing is a beast in any city traffic with turning corners without dual lanes impossible. Things I was able to do before are out if the question. There are two issues :
    First, A major part of this is the use of an Andersen Hitch that severely limits my turn radius because the goose neck doesn’t clear the walls of the truck bed when attempting a tight turn. Seriously considering a change although I can get the hitch in and out of the truck bed by myself.
    Second, the overhang from the back axle to the back of the trailer has caused us issues on a few occasions when encountering any steep slope transition. We have bottomed out and dragged. Most long rig vehicles have the axels and tires at the ends to avoid this issue.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RetriedJon2017! Did you try to rotate the red mount that goes on the pin 180 degrees It might keep the pin box inside of the bed and not hitting bed rails.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great point. My husband liked that suggestion about filing up with the big boys! LoL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 2Tall. Your comments were just what I was wanting to hear. I’m leaning toward the larger unit, as it will be more comfortable when home with the grandkids. It will also be better on road as we still work part time, so it gives us room to separate for phone calls & such. Great suggestions on GPS ideas too. Thanks for your suggestions!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234