User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enclosed Underbelly

Has anyone sealed the underbelly any better than what it is? The plastic corrugated cover is good I’m sure, we live in the country and wife is concerned about rodents or snakes getting in the small gaps between where it’s fastened to the frame. Just wondering if anyone has thought the same thing, done anything about it, or not. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foam for the frame to under belly and steel wool for the slide outs lower corners is what most use.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shred Irish spring soap and toss around the outside and use peppermint oil on cotton balls in cup for the inside . The mice don’t like the smell. Your camper will smell really fresh anyway.
    Jill and Mark
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Silverado LTZ HD Duramax
    (Previously Salem Hemisphere 286RL)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I was thinking of getting some Window/Door Frame Great Stuff as it doesn’t expand as much as the original and putting some around. Would help contain the heat in the underbelly as well a little better I would think. I’ve heard of the Irish Spring helping. We didnt have an issue with the last TT but the underbelly was enclosed with the hard plastic and there were no open gaps.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some members have added eternabond or gorilla tape all around the perimeter.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t think about Gorilla Tape.....duh. Thanks!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado2016 View Post
    We shred Irish spring soap and toss around the outside and use peppermint oil on cotton balls in cup for the inside . The mice don’t like the smell. Your camper will smell really fresh anyway.
    We use Irish Spring soap, but place it in a plastic soap dish with holes drilled in the dish to let the smell escape. We then double stick tape on the bottom to secure it to the floor area where we place them. Works ok, but still get the occasional mouse or two. We also set the snap traps with cheese for the ones that dont mind the soap.

BTW, tried the peppermint spray on the landing gear/tires and surrounding areas, but that just seemed to attract them. Pretty much snap traps work the best.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the fix for the corrugated plastic sagging? We have that issue on the back end of our 221BH. there a a significant gap for unwanted guests to enter and we'll need it closed up before we go on the road again, which will be soon. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Ellis D; 10-20-2022 at 07:13 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used gorilla tape. It’s kinda pricey to do the whole perimeter but I think it’s worth it. I just got back from camping in south east Oklahoma where temps were down @ 28°F. It gave me peace of mind that the heated underbelly was doing its job.