Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB Slide Controller Location

we have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB and today the slide out wouldn't work. It sounded like gears came apart under the dinette table bench seat when attempting to get the slide to go out. Calling the Grand design "help desk", they said to look at the lights on the controller. They said it is located under the bath room sink. We never found it after looking everywhere. So, where is it? I manually cranked the slide out out a few inches and then the push button started working. Everything seems to be working fine now. I'd like to know where the slide controller is just for my own curiosity.

Thanks Everyone!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you manually cranked the slide with the cranking tool, it must be an in frame slide, not a Schwintek. For electric in frame slides there is no controller. Just a switch a breaker and a motor.

I had this same issue with my in frame slide. The fix for me was to adjust the stop can. The way I did this was to run the slide in to where it just hits the seal on the outside. Then adjust the stop can to stop the slide there. This way it won’t close too tight and get stuck.

Disclaimer. What worked for me may have nothing to do with what is wrong with your slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff! This is our first Grand Design so some of the things are different on GD than other campers we've had. I was starting to realize there might not be a controller for the slide after we tore the place apart! I wonder what the help desk was looking at when trying to help us? The dealer told us that when pulling the slide out in to let off the button when the slide out started making a clunking noise, do the same when extending the slide out. This seems a odd way to determine when to stop. Adjusting the stop can looks like a fix for this. I agree with you, it appears the slide out was pulled to far in and got stuck. Thanks again for the info. BTW, again you are correct, the slide out is not a Schwintek.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campingfeen View Post
    Good stuff! This is our first Grand Design so some of the things are different on GD than other campers we've had. I was starting to realize there might not be a controller for the slide after we tore the place apart! I wonder what the help desk was looking at when trying to help us? The dealer told us that when pulling the slide out in to let off the button when the slide out started making a clunking noise, do the same when extending the slide out. This seems a odd way to determine when to stop. Adjusting the stop can looks like a fix for this. I agree with you, it appears the slide out was pulled to far in and got stuck. Thanks again for the info. BTW, again you are correct, the slide out is not a Schwintek.
    The clunk you hear is normal, it's the clutch that ratchets when you hit the limits. With that being said, I try to stop mine when I know it's at it's limit, so as to not wear out the clutch. You will get used to it the more you use it.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2