Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
    Andersen Ultimate, which also requires replacing the Morryde skid plate with a heavy duty one.
    Call Customer Service at GD. When I talked about getting the GenY they only think they warned me I could us ANY hitch EXCEPT that one......

Sorry to be the guy to break the news.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiredfuture View Post
    Call Customer Service at GD. When I talked about getting the GenY they only think they warned me I could us ANY hitch EXCEPT that one......

Sorry to be the guy to break the news.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
    You have to replace the skid plate with a heavy duty one.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Andersen Ultimate TBX Morryde HD skid plate
    2016 Chevrolet 2500 SB Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out the hard way that GD switched to the Lippert Rhino frame in 2022. I ordered my Reese goose box and attempted to mount it. Only four holes lined up and it was a fight getting it there. Luckily Amazon has an amazing return policy!

I wound up getting a Pullrite superlite. Our first trip out we had an emergency braking situation and warped the pin box plate. It is also moving 1.5” inches in both directions and because of how the goose all adapter mounts to the plate, it warped the plate and is maxing contact with the pin box when moving rearward. So we might need a stronger rubber spring. I am currently working with Morryde n that to see if it indeed needs a stronger spring.

I am waiting for the reinforced plate from Morryde to arrive this week.
    My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR and grid heater delete, GDP airhorn and heater, ARP head studs, 5" TBE, billet VB, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs. My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,500 rolling.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schoolbus View Post
    I found out the hard way that GD switched to the Lippert Rhino frame in 2022. I ordered my Reese goose box and attempted to mount it. Only four holes lined up and it was a fight getting it there. Luckily Amazon has an amazing return policy!

I wound up getting a Pullrite superlite. Our first trip out we had an emergency braking situation and warped the pin box plate. It is also moving 1.5” inches in both directions and because of how the goose all adapter mounts to the plate, it warped the plate and is maxing contact with the pin box when moving rearward. So we might need a stronger rubber spring. I am currently working with Morryde n that to see if it indeed needs a stronger spring.

I am waiting for the reinforced plate from Morryde to arrive this week.
    I went with the Andersen ultimate and Morryde HD skid plate. No problems so far but no emergency stop either.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Andersen Ultimate TBX Morryde HD skid plate
    2016 Chevrolet 2500 SB Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Andersen ultimate and Morryde HD skid plate. No problems so far but no emergency stop either.
    I think the Anderson has a better design that sucks up to the plate and distributes the forces applied better. It rests its weight on the plate and distributes it more evenly.

My Pullrite puts the plate in a lot of tension with its mounting design. It uses the two long bolts to brace against the pin itself and relies on four bolts to keep that tension. Those bolts do not distribute the force well and that is what caused my pin plate to warp. It looks worse when under load on the hitch. Since the ball faces the rear of the trailer, it makes this even more pronounced.
    My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR and grid heater delete, GDP airhorn and heater, ARP head studs, 5" TBE, billet VB, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs. My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,500 rolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am same boat, just learned that the 2022 310GK uses Lippert’s newer Rhino box and thus the current Reese Gooseboxes don’t fit. At least temporarily we are going with another Lippert product, the “Gooseneck Connect 21k”, so I can still use my truck bed.

I really wish Reese had an air-bag product to minimize chucking that was compatible with my 2022 5er!! Might be upgrading in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andersen Ultimate, which also requires replacing the Morryde skid plate with a heavy duty one.
    B&W with MorRyde pin box. Solid combination. We also use Timbrens in the rear. Very happy with ride quality and ease of hitching up/disconnecting.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12