User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Thank you so much for providing this info to me. It’s good to know the response delay is normal. Can you provide a link to the chart in your post?
    Here is a link https://hydrastarusa.com/wp-content/...SalesSheet.pdf to the flyer I found this chart on. Lots of good info on their website.

I wish the GM products had an EOH option for the brake controller from the factory. Since ours is a 2015, we had to have the HBA-CAM installed. Not sure if a aftermarket brake controller will help. May try a Tekonsha P3 to see if I can feel a difference. The brakes work great once pressure is built up, just get a little pucker factor when some idiot cuts you off and hits the brakes just to get by an RV!
    Last edited by Pawsitive Camping Life; 05-29-2022 at 07:17 AM.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    A slight delay is characteristic of all electric-over hydraulic trailer brake systems. As @MoonShadow_1911 said, it's the time it takes for the hydraulic actuator to come up to pressure. We've had two fifth wheels equipped with these systems and the delay on both has been a fraction of a second.

Rob
    I’ve got an update on the delay in brake activation. I took my Solitude back to Morryde yesterday for follow up on this issue. Last fall I had an incident where the flexible hose line on one of the brakes was severed. I took it to a repair shop which replaced the line & supposedly bled the lines. The shop told me they used “gravity bleeding” which I never heard of. Yesterday Morryde bled the brakes properly. They found a lot of air in the lines & a leaking bleeder valve on one of the calipers. We drove from their facility in Elkhart to where we are staying for the summer in LaGrange, about 30 miles. I tested the response time using the brake controller & the time is down to a fraction of a second as you reported when you replied to my post. Thanks again for your help. By any chance are you going to the National Rally in late August? If so I would like to meet you in person.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    I’ve got an update on the delay in brake activation. I took my Solitude back to Morryde yesterday for follow up on this issue. Last fall I had an incident where the flexible hose line on one of the brakes was severed. I took it to a repair shop which replaced the line & supposedly bled the lines. The shop told me they used “gravity bleeding” which I never heard of. Yesterday Morryde bled the brakes properly. They found a lot of air in the lines & a leaking bleeder valve on one of the calipers. We drove from their facility in Elkhart to where we are staying for the summer in LaGrange, about 30 miles. I tested the response time using the brake controller & the time is down to a fraction of a second as you reported when you replied to my post. Thanks again for your help. By any chance are you going to the National Rally in late August? If so I would like to meet you in person.
    Yeah... air in the lines can play havoc (a lot more compressible than brake fluid).

Thanks for the compliment. We just traversed the Midwest the last three weeks or so and will arrive at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland on Saturday. We plan on staying put there for a while. I agree, though - it would be nice to meet a bunch of our "forum friends." If you plan to be in the Baltimore/Aberdeen, MD, area in the next 12 - 18 months, give us a shout!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the proper bleeding procedure for the electric over hydra RV systems is to force the actuator to kick on via the breakaway for each caliper starting with the furthest one out. Will be having Morryde install my new IS with discs next year, hope to see it done at that time.

BTW, I dont like to use the gravity method when bleeding any my vehicle brakes. Times I've done it, brakes never felt as hard as when pressurized.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    I believe the proper bleeding procedure for the electric over hydra RV systems is to force the actuator to kick on via the breakaway for each caliper starting with the furthest one out. Will be having Morryde install my new IS with discs next year, hope to see it done at that time.

BTW, I dont like to use the gravity method when bleeding any my vehicle brakes. Times I've done it, brakes never felt as hard as when pressurized.
    Thanks. Actually when your IS & brakes are installed, they will start bleeding at the hydrastar master cylinder (actuator “. I think they will then work back to front & then rear axle. I’ve had 3 IS systems over last 12 years. They are fantastic!
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12