User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 GD transcend xplor 321BH

Hello everyone this is my 1st post and just wanted to let y’all know I’m in the process of purchasing a Grand design transcend xplor 321BH. I have 5 kids all under 7 and think this will be the best bang for the buck. Does anyone have this trailer? And if so any feedback on it would be appreciated. Thank you so much. -michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! What are ya towing it with? I’m not the tow police I promise, just curious. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here to glean information from. Of course it doesn’t take the place of your own research. But I have learned a lot on here the little time I have been on here. 5 kids? You are never bored are ya? Good luck to ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it’s alot sometimes but when I get old maybe they will put me in a fancy nursing home.. lol I’m towing with a 2018 Ford Expedition max with hd tow package. Trailer dry weight is about 7700 lbs and we pack light. Tow cap for the expo is 9300 lbs. So technically I’m under the limits of the vehicle. It’s the length that may give me issues. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluffrat361 View Post
    Yeah it’s alot sometimes but when I get old maybe they will put me in a fancy nursing home.. lol I’m towing with a 2018 Ford Expedition max with hd tow package. Trailer dry weight is about 7700 lbs and we pack light. Tow cap for the expo is 9300 lbs. So technically I’m under the limits of the vehicle. It’s the length that may give me issues. What do you think?
    I would be more concerned about payload.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLDO View Post
    I would be more concerned about payload.

So my max payload is 1,757 lbs. I need to calculate this and see where I’m at

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my max payload is 1,757 lbs. I need to calculate this and see where I’m at

Don’t know what your weight is but let’s say average 50lbs per kid, 200 for you, 100 for your wife...that’s 550, so let’s round up to 600. Tongue weight of that camper has to be around 8-900lbs. Now you are at a total of 1400 on the conservative side....leaves you with 357lbs on payload...kinda close.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLDO View Post
    Don’t know what your weight is but let’s say average 50lbs per kid, 200 for you, 100 for your wife...that’s 550, so let’s round up to 600. Tongue weight of that camper has to be around 8-900lbs. Now you are at a total of 1400 on the conservative side....leaves you with 357lbs on payload...kinda close.

Aw hell.. Maybe I should get a smaller trailer? Kids are already excited for it. Gonna do some research

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw hell.. Maybe I should get a smaller trailer? Kids are already excited for it. Gonna do some research

Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. We have only been doing this a couple of years. I do know payload is just as much if not more important that the TT Weight. Everyone will tell you to base everything off the GVWR, but I haven’t as we never travel with full tanks, and we travel light. Last time we traveled we we were only 400lbs above the unloaded TT weight. It can get overwhelming, I would look at the 265BH, I don’t know how small your kids are but maybe they could share a bunk? Get a mattress topper for the fold down couch and one for the table that converts? Just a thought. The GVWR is around 8k but that is FULLY loaded with water in the tank and everything. Tongue weight is around 100lbs less than the 321BH and it’s a shorter TT.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't tow a 37' 8500lb TT with an Expedition.
    You need to stay in the 5,000lb UVW range and less than 30'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 GD transcend xplor 321BH

Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    You can't tow a 37' 8500lb TT with an Expedition.
    You need to stay in the 5,000lb UVW range and less than 30'.
    Tail wagging the dog, that’s what it would be. He understands I believe aside from length that based on payload alone it’s a struggle. Staying in the 5,000 UVW range is not necessarily true. I tow a 265BH with an F150 and his specs on his tow vehicle are almost identical to mine. I have zero issues with that length, weight, payload, etc. and it’s UVW is around 6,500.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast