User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    During our first camping trip last week, I noticed water coming from behind the Nautilus panel. I opened the access hatch that I added and saw a fast drip coming from the output side of the pump. I reached in and tightened the fitting as much as possible and the drip stopped. 2 days later it started again, so I took the side panel off for better access and removed the fitting to add a few wraps of plumber's tape to the threads. All is good now, and the storage bay remains dry.
    I expect to do little "fixes" of this nature occasionally and just consider it part of owning a camper.

Consider blowing compressed air (keep the pressure low) into the fresh water inlet as well as the black tank flush to remove "most" of the water in the lines prior to adding anti freeze. I start with a faucet open somewhere in the camper and open each faucet individually until only air is coming out.

I always blow out the lines before using antifreeze. Also blowing out the lines doesn't get the water pump,so if you don't use antifreeze make sure you get all the water out of the pump.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    During our first camping trip last week, I noticed water coming from behind the Nautilus panel. I opened the access hatch that I added and saw a fast drip coming from the output side of the pump. I reached in and tightened the fitting as much as possible and the drip stopped. 2 days later it started again, so I took the side panel off for better access and removed the fitting to add a few wraps of plumber's tape to the threads. All is good now, and the storage bay remains dry.
    I expect to do little "fixes" of this nature occasionally and just consider it part of owning a camper.

Consider blowing compressed air (keep the pressure low) into the fresh water inlet as well as the black tank flush to remove "most" of the water in the lines prior to adding anti freeze. I start with a faucet open somewhere in the camper and open each faucet individually until only air is coming out.
    I blow out the city connection as well.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    I was at the end of the de Winterization process and draining the Kitchen sink of anti-freeze, when all of a sudden my Water pump seemed to provide less pressure. Too make a longer story short, I went out side and to check the Fresh Water Tank Drain and I heard water sounds coming from the Driver’s side near the front. I went around back, and just behind the front Stabilizer Jack water was pouring from the undercarriage cover. I opened my Cargo Bay because I heard noise and saw water building up by the door and to the backside of the Service Center. I quickly ran and grabbed towels and dried the area of water, but I still heard noise of water, so I put my ear to the Service Center wall where the electric outlets, Fresh Water Tank Fill Switch, Battery Disconnect, etc. are located and heard water gushing behind the wall.

We were planning to take our new Travel Trailer out for the first time, and now this, this is our first TT. The trailer is still under the 12 months Warranty until August.

I am surprised, my wife and I chose, and spent good money, on GD hearing word-of-mouth how great GD trailers are, but been finding out small things, like rubber seals on the windows I have had to seat, and now this, and we haven’t even left the driveway. 🤷🏼

I’m wondering if others have experienced these types of issues with GD manufacturing? Either these TTS are being rushed to meet demand or workmanship is going downhill. 😡
    Our 2020 22mle had a leak behind the service bay wall too. Take a look at this thread, post #2 has photos.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...375#post405375
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a leak in the bathroom sink. It was at the cold water connection to the faucet. I replaced both supply lines with stainless ones found at Home Depot. That stopped the leak. I also cut in a pressure gauge feeding off the braided vinyl pipe and secured it to the drain pipe of the sink. I monitor the pressure for leaks (drop in short time) but more so to see any excessive increases in pressure to the system overall.

Getting back on point, we haven't experienced massive failures on our rig. I've owned boats since I was a teen so I'm all about wasting countless hours maintaining/adjusting/fidgeting with stuff to ensure a few hours/days use. It's the type of mindset that keeps you from buyer's regret.

Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty Close!

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    You are not bad off. I had a similar water leak while camping in Livingston TX. The main water line connection was loose and water was leaking pretty hard. I pulled the panel off which was pretty tough and retightened the connection. All is good. It sounds if you may be in a similar spot.

Attachment 39978
    I wound-up removing the back panel in the Cargo Bay, and could barely get my arm in there. To make this long story short, the Hot Water fitting was shot (stripped the plastic ribs right off) and had popped off the collar. Fixed by having to go purchase a Pex Clap removal tool, Pex Crimper, multiple bags of 1/2” Pex clamps and new fittings because the Cold Water side was leaking as well, but the new fitting also leaked, so I’m thinking the back fitting of the external shower faucet is cross-threaded because the older fitting and the new still appear new. I wound-up just purchasing a bag of Pex tubing plugs and inserted it in the tube. No cold shower outside, but the rest of the plumbing works now. We have an appointment on 6/17 with Bretz RV, and they can do the replacements, plus inspect our roof while they are at it. Now my brand new Two Interstate Deep Cycle lead acid batteries are reading 12.2V on the Lippert app (I don’t think that it can be right). When we get home I will use a Multimeter to see what reading I get.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are not bad off. I had a similar water leak while camping in Livingston TX. The main water line connection was loose and water was leaking pretty hard. I pulled the panel off which was pretty tough and retightened the connection. All is good. It sounds if you may be in a similar spot.

Attachment 39978
    Curious as to how you pulled that panel off? I don't see any screws on mine.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pull off that small side panel. Then there are four square drive (#2 ), two top and two bottom. I had to use a small ratchet device with a #2 bit. It is not a quick and easy task. Be patient, they will come. Those four screws did not go back in. I placed angled picture frame pieces on the front side for future work. Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s is how I entered the area (very tight for me) and was able to loosen the fittings and work all the Pex tubes, clamps and fittings in my direction. Once I got the tubing outside the area I proceeded to remove the clamps, cut new tube pieces, ect.

The new fitting leaked as well at the collar, so I believe it was the Cold Water fitting and it’s cross-threaded. I did a temporary repair by putting in a Pex Tube Plug. We don’t need the external shower currently.

By the way I removed all the silicone from the base of the front of the Convenience Center wall, the water catch tray and hose pass-through later realizing I did not have to do it. Kept a piece took it to Home Depot and the girl gave me this stuff that supposedly was the right stuff (turned out it is pure White when dry) and would dry to the same texture and semi-clear, and I redid the Silicone around the area. Oh well, it is in the cargo bay. Too late now.

You said there are no screws on the panel, but there are Four; One in each corner behind the panel with a 3”-3.5” screw in each corner of the frame behind the CC front wall. The reason I know the length, the Assembler at the plant left an extra one lying in between the wiring coming up through the hole in the Cargo Bay floor. The screws in the small rectangular side panel are around 2” in length (same type of screw, only shorter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgravenish View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. The problem was a crack in the plastic threads where the cold water line connects to the spray port in the convenience center. I failed to put antifreeze in this faucet when I winterized my 21BHE last fall and the fixture froze. It needs to be replaced. It is easily accessed by removing the panel at the back of the storage bay.
    You could be right with his one. I did some research, those pipes usually do not receive any Anti-freeze. I did purchase an air compressor 150 PSI Max. to perform my own Winterizing, etc. I put a Pex plug in the CW line, since it’s the external shower only that was effected, and we won’t be using it yet. Doing that stopped the leak issue for now.

Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pull off that small side panel. Then there are four square drive (#2 ), two top and two bottom. I had to use a small ratchet device with a #2 bit. It is not a quick and easy task. Be patient, they will come. Those four screws did not go back in. I placed angled picture frame pieces on the front side for future work. Good luck.
    Yes, located them. Didn’t remove the wall.

Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast