User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem(s) 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

I was at the end of the de Winterization process and draining the Kitchen sink of anti-freeze, when all of a sudden my Water pump seemed to provide less pressure. Too make a longer story short, I went out side and to check the Fresh Water Tank Drain and I heard water sounds coming from the Driver’s side near the front. I went around back, and just behind the front Stabilizer Jack water was pouring from the undercarriage cover. I opened my Cargo Bay because I heard noise and saw water building up by the door and to the backside of the Service Center. I quickly ran and grabbed towels and dried the area of water, but I still heard noise of water, so I put my ear to the Service Center wall where the electric outlets, Fresh Water Tank Fill Switch, Battery Disconnect, etc. are located and heard water gushing behind the wall.

We were planning to take our new Travel Trailer out for the first time, and now this, this is our first TT. The trailer is still under the 12 months Warranty until August.

I am surprised, my wife and I chose, and spent good money, on GD hearing word-of-mouth how great GD trailers are, but been finding out small things, like rubber seals on the windows I have had to seat, and now this, and we haven’t even left the driveway. 🤷🏼

I’m wondering if others have experienced these types of issues with GD manufacturing? Either these TTS are being rushed to meet demand or workmanship is going downhill. 😡
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this. GD is generally good and are easy to work with for warranty. Was everything OK prior to winterizing? If you are handy, maybe pull the convenience center to take a look. Could be a fitting that came loose or a pipe that froze.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your concern. I wrote down in my RVing notebook the steps (in great detail, even drew a diagram for Summer Mode for the Hot Water Heater and how the Three valves should be positioned) to de Winterizing my Travel Trailer, from a YouTube video who goes Step-by-step on his GD Travel Trailer. I followed and wrote-down all steps to the ‘T’. I was in the process of draining the A-F from the Kitchen sink, also where my Water Heater is located. I’m wasn’t raised by one of those dads who have their Son build and work on things, so no not handiest. I’m also a disabled veteran and have bodily difficulties, so I have problems in tight areas 🥴.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A call to your dealer will be the first thing, have your VIN available. It's possible GD will authorize a mobile tech to come to you if the dealer can't get you fixed in a reasonable time. Not knowing where the water is from makes it a difficult thing to say if it was a manufacture issue or possibly something froze.

Don't give up on GD just yet, it is a very frustrating thing to have somethinng go wrong with a new trailer. Hang in there and get service lined up ASAP.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there. It’s not that unusual to have a bunch of warranty things with a new rig. My experience is that once you get past the first few months of frustrating warranty fixes, your rv will go great for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re about to (hopefully) experience the real reason people put their money in Grand Design - the company actually stands behind the product.

The quality honestly is par for the industry. Grand Design is better than many, but the components used and construction techniques are standard for the industry. Many expect an experience like a new car - RVs are much more like my experience with a new house - a few teething issues, then once ironed out, little things here and there. Once you start taking it out, hopefully it becomes worth it.

If your dealer does not take care of you to your satisfaction, reach out to Grand Design and I suspect they will make it right.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually our first Travel Trailer. After watching some YouTubes I see that it may have been tubing to the Fresh Water Fill or City Water. From what I learned, these Two pipes don’t receive any Anti-freeze from the Water Pump when Winterizing the RV. Good chance you are on-point. Maybe water was frozen in the tubes still, but until Two days ago it was in the upper 60-70s outside temperature. A freak cold front just rolled in and my weather app is saying snow on Tuesday. through Wed. 🤦**♂️

My wife saw snow falling this morning this morning and it was not sticking, but it was pretty cold today. Thank you for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    A call to your dealer will be the first thing, have your VIN available. It's possible GD will authorize a mobile tech to come to you if the dealer can't get you fixed in a reasonable time. Not knowing where the water is from makes it a difficult thing to say if it was a manufacture issue or possibly something froze.

Don't give up on GD just yet, it is a very frustrating thing to have somethinng go wrong with a new trailer. Hang in there and get service lined up ASAP.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are not bad off. I had a similar water leak while camping in Livingston TX. The main water line connection was loose and water was leaking pretty hard. I pulled the panel off which was pretty tough and retightened the connection. All is good. It sounds if you may be in a similar spot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	145AE565-097F-4277-8957-DC45CC434AA9.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	976.8 KB 
ID:	39978

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During our first camping trip last week, I noticed water coming from behind the Nautilus panel. I opened the access hatch that I added and saw a fast drip coming from the output side of the pump. I reached in and tightened the fitting as much as possible and the drip stopped. 2 days later it started again, so I took the side panel off for better access and removed the fitting to add a few wraps of plumber's tape to the threads. All is good now, and the storage bay remains dry.
    I expect to do little "fixes" of this nature occasionally and just consider it part of owning a camper.

Consider blowing compressed air (keep the pressure low) into the fresh water inlet as well as the black tank flush to remove "most" of the water in the lines prior to adding anti freeze. I start with a faucet open somewhere in the camper and open each faucet individually until only air is coming out.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. The problem was a crack in the plastic threads where the cold water line connects to the spray port in the convenience center. I failed to put antifreeze in this faucet when I winterized my 21BHE last fall and the fixture froze. It needs to be replaced. It is easily accessed by removing the panel at the back of the storage bay.
    2020 F150 3.5 w/Max Tow
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE
    Husky W/D, Levelmate Pro,
    MaxxAir fan, Lippert Jack It

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast