User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing 27" TV in Imagine 2600RB

What are those funcky plastic things in the second picture if you don’t mind my ignorance?
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look like small magnets he used to mark the backer plate.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Davis View Post
    27" TV Install Procedure in Imagine 2600RB

There are several threads/posts on TV mounting, the backer plate, etc. I picked up information from several and did the install today in our 2022 Imagine 2600RB. So I wanted to put some photos and details of how I did this. I took into consideration what the was recommended by the Grand Design rep on another post, regarding using a 1/4" or thicker piece of plywood to mount first to the backer plate, then bolt the TV mount base to it. Since this particular TV Mount base is very big, I think it will do to spread the weight./ load across it.

Anyway, here are the steps I took to mount the 27" LG TV in our RV:

The TV is a 27" LG, LED with a "Cable" RF connection and 1 HDMI input. I got it at Best Buy for $149. The TV weighs 7 lbs.

Attachment 39951

The mount I chose is from Amazon, it is a PerleSmith PSLRVF. It has a Locking / Stow Position which they say is for RV's and traveling. It is a very Robust mount, and it weighs more than the TV, I think it is 12 lbs. But it has a Wide Base plate and in my mind negates the the use of plywood backer underneath to distribute the weight / load. Just my thinking. If the TV falls off the wall in the future I will come back and say I was wrong.

Attachment 39952

I used #14 x 3/4" long sheet metal screws to mount the base plate to the Wall

Attachment 39953

I bought a pack of small circular magnets to help find the exact locations of the steel backer plate as shown. Note that the backer plate is quite large. The magnets are stuck to the wall to show the size. To achieve clearance from the Wall to the Right, under the sliding door trim, I had to mount the TV mount as far left on the Backer plate as I could.

Attachment 39954

I drilled holes with a drill bit a few sizes smaller than the #14 sheet metal screw diameter. The Steel backer plate is pretty thin. The drill bit will labor a bit through the wall material then hits the steel backer and goes through it very quickly. Don't expect a real thick steel plate.

Then Attached the bracket, squaring and leveling, using the #14 x 3/4" Sheet metal screws as indicated by the Red arrows:

Attachment 39955

Continued below in the next reply:
    I went through that procedure myself a couple of years ago (maybe less). I used the same mount as you did. I did use a backer board of 1/2" OAK which I stained to match the cupboards (more or less). I countersunk the holes (4) slightly, installed 4 3/4" screws, AND glued the backer to the wall for additional support. I also used
    1-1/2"screws through the mounting plate, backer, and into the wall. If it comes down, most of the wall will come with it . One word of caution. The pull cord on mine broke after about the 3rd use. A little bit of a pain to install a new one, but its holding up so far.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 04-11-2022 at 08:00 AM. Reason: added info
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I went through that procedure myself a couple of years ago (maybe less). I used the same mount as you did. I did use a backer board of 1/2" OAK which I stained to match the cupboards (more or less). I countersunk the holes (4) slightly, installed 4 3/4" screws, AND glued the backer to the wall for additional support. I also used
    1-1/2"screws through the mounting plate, backer, and into the wall. If it comes down, most of the wall will come with it . One word of caution. The pull cord on mine broke after about the 3rd use. A little bit of a pain to install a new one, but its holding up so far.
    Yes, the pull cord broke on mine right off the bat. I just looped the long cord back on the smaller one. Sounds like your install is very robust indeed! Gluing the backer board was a good idea.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    They look like small magnets he used to mark the backer plate.
    Yes, small magnets I used to mark the steel backer in the wall. I got them at Ace Hardware store. A small pack of 8 little circular magnets, about $2 or so.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Davis View Post
    Yes, the pull cord broke on mine right off the bat. I just looped the long cord back on the smaller one. Sounds like your install is very robust indeed! Gluing the backer board was a good idea.
    Amateur woodworker for the last 30 years. Everything gets glue for a "permanent" installation.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12