Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing 27" TV in Imagine 2600RB

27" TV Install Procedure in Imagine 2600RB

There are several threads/posts on TV mounting, the backer plate, etc. I picked up information from several and did the install today in our 2022 Imagine 2600RB. So I wanted to put some photos and details of how I did this. I took into consideration what the was recommended by the Grand Design rep on another post, regarding using a 1/4" or thicker piece of plywood to mount first to the backer plate, then bolt the TV mount base to it. Since this particular TV Mount base is very big, I think it will do to spread the weight./ load across it.

Anyway, here are the steps I took to mount the 27" LG TV in our RV:

The TV is a 27" LG, LED with a "Cable" RF connection and 1 HDMI input. I got it at Best Buy for $149. The TV weighs 7 lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	666666.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	39951

The mount I chose is from Amazon, it is a PerleSmith PSLRVF. It has a Locking / Stow Position which they say is for RV's and traveling. It is a very Robust mount, and it weighs more than the TV, I think it is 12 lbs. But it has a Wide Base plate and in my mind negates the the use of plywood backer underneath to distribute the weight / load. Just my thinking. If the TV falls off the wall in the future I will come back and say I was wrong.

Name:	77777.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	39952

I used #14 x 3/4" long sheet metal screws to mount the base plate to the Wall

Name:	8888.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	39953

I bought a pack of small circular magnets to help find the exact locations of the steel backer plate as shown. Note that the backer plate is quite large. The magnets are stuck to the wall to show the size. To achieve clearance from the Wall to the Right, under the sliding door trim, I had to mount the TV mount as far left on the Backer plate as I could.

Name:	99999.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	39954

I drilled holes with a drill bit a few sizes smaller than the #14 sheet metal screw diameter. The Steel backer plate is pretty thin. The drill bit will labor a bit through the wall material then hits the steel backer and goes through it very quickly. Don't expect a real thick steel plate.

Then Attached the bracket, squaring and leveling, using the #14 x 3/4" Sheet metal screws as indicated by the Red arrows:

Name:	222.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	39955

Continued below in the next reply:

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continuing in the installation:

Then followed the Instructions to mount the TV to the mount bracket. Here the TV is Stowed in the locked position against the wall. There is about 1" between the Wall and the TV at the Wall. A 32" TV would have been too big in my opinion. Matter of fact,in hindsight, a 24" would have been plenty. Note the pull "release cord" at the bottom of the TV. This releases the arm of the TV mount to let it swing out and adjust for viewing angle. Note also the clearance of the TV to the Window Valance. Probably 1/4" to 1/2" at best.

Name:	44444.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	39956

I will show the extended view of the TV below.

Name:	555.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	39957

Again, this is a 27" TV in a 2022 Imagine 2600RB model. Hope this helps someone regarding the TV installation.

Thanks and happy RV'ing.

2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    question. What is the stand off from the wall when the tv is in the flat/travel position?
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Davis View Post
    Continuing in the installation:

Then followed the Instructions to mount the TV to the mount bracket. Here the TV is Stowed in the locked position against the wall. There is about 1" between the Wall and the TV at the Wall. A 32" TV would have been too big in my opinion. Matter of fact,in hindsight, a 24" would have been plenty. Note the pull "release cord" at the bottom of the TV. This releases the arm of the TV mount to let it swing out and adjust for viewing angle. Note also the clearance of the TV to the Window Valance. Probably 1/4" to 1/2" at best.

Name:	44444.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	39956

I will show the extended view of the TV below.

Name:	555.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	39957

Again, this is a 27" TV in a 2022 Imagine 2600RB model. Hope this helps someone regarding the TV installation.

Thanks and happy RV'ing.

2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area
    You could of used a 32in Tv. Fits perfectly in my 2400bh. It also looks like the sliding door will hit the tv. I went more to the left. This mount is 2lbs lighter.

Mounting Dream UL Listed Lockable RV TV Mount for Most 17-43 inch TV, RV Mount for Camper Trailer Motor Home Boat Truck, Full Motion Unique One Step Lock RV TV Wall Mount, VESA 200mm, 44 lbs, MD2210 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z7NVBK...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by thegreenblade; 04-10-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greenblade, the sliding door is at its stop in the open position. It won't hit the TV. Unless of course the door breaks the stop. Since there is only 1" clearance between this 27" TV RH edge and the wall and the bracket is mounted as far left on the Backer Plate in the wall, I would not be able to fit a 32" TV without some kind of offset bracket. The 2400bh may be different in layout than the 2600 RB? I dunno.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    question. What is the stand off from the wall when the tv is in the flat/travel position?
    Approximately 2.5" from the Wall face to the TV

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greenblade, the sliding door is at its stop in the open position. It won't hit the TV. Unless of course the door breaks the stop. Since there is only 1" clearance between this 27" TV RH edge and the wall and the bracket is mounted as far left on the Backer Plate in the wall, I would not be able to fit a 32" TV without some kind of offset bracket. The 2400bh may be different in layout than the 2600 RB? I dunno.
    Yeah. I uses a 1/4 plywood sheet to move to the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    Yeah. I uses a 1/4 plywood sheet to move to the left.
    Oh, that makes sense.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I happened across a Youtube video of the 2400BH and it looks like from the video, the "TV Backer" plate sticker is further from the wall to the left than that of the 2600 RB. Interesting.

Here is the 2400BH sticker location:

Name:	2400.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	39973

Here is the 2600RB location:

Name:	rererererer.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	39976
    Last edited by Bob Davis; 04-10-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I happened across a Youtube video of the 2400BH and it looks like from the video, the "TV Backer" plate sticker is further from the wall to the left than that of the 2600 RB. Interesting.

Here is the 2400BH sticker location:

Name:	2400.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	39973

Here is the 2600RB location:

Name:	rererererer.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	39976