User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those using EZ-PASS

I'm considering singing up for EZ-PASS. I'll be spending some time on the east coast over the next few years and think this will make life a bit easier. I still need to do some more research on which state I should register with. What has me a bit confused is the vehicle code (See below links) My tow vehicle is a 2019 Ram 2500 with a GVW of 10,000lbs and a Reflection 303RLS with a GVW of 12,000lbs.

https://www.ezpassritba.com/Content/...eReference.pdf
    https://www.ezpassva.com/pdfs/reference_codes.pdf

What vehicle code did you use when registering for EZ-PASS?
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just register based on the tow vehicle. Never had an issue while towing the trailer. If I recall, there is an FAQ section on the website which explains it all and says it's ok if you have a trailer with you. I'm registered with NJ EZPass which i got when I first started driving, I havent lived there in about 20 years, but never saw a reason to switch since it works up and down the coast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some states are cheaper than others, though none are crazy. I think PA is $3 a year. The big deciding factor is the state you’ll spend the most on tolls. You generally get a discount in the state where you buy your EZPass.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an IPass from Illinois which works on the EZPass system. They don't use that chart. Vehicles are classified based on license plate type. My pick-up is a passenger vehicle just like all my other cars.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casa_Woody View Post
    I'm considering singing up for EZ-PASS. I'll be spending some time on the east coast over the next few years and think this will make life a bit easier. I still need to do some more research on which state I should register with. What has me a bit confused is the vehicle code (See below links) My tow vehicle is a 2019 Ram 2500 with a GVW of 10,000lbs and a Reflection 303RLS with a GVW of 12,000lbs.

https://www.ezpassritba.com/Content/...eReference.pdf
    https://www.ezpassva.com/pdfs/reference_codes.pdf

What vehicle code did you use when registering for EZ-PASS?
    I setup my EZPass through the Florida Express way authority. Serves all of the 18 (?) states using EZpass plus some bridges. The gentleman I spoke with set my transponder up so that I am charge based upon the number of axles the sensor "sees" as I go over them. If not towing I'm only charged for two axles versus 4 when towing.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be a Virginia thing but I have two ezpass. One for just the truck without the trailer. Then one for when pulling the trailer. I had to provide them with the trailer info for them to set it up in the system. The second one is a blue color so I don't have to worry about mixing them up. I would be concerned about making the changes to my account and getting charged tolls when not pulling the trailer as some tolls are 3 to 5 times the cost with a trailer in tow.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EZ pass is set up for the tow vehicle. The blue ones are used for commercial trucks, white for the rest of us. Some states charge for the transponder, others don't. We purchased ours in NH our home state.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use NC EZ pass - used to live there and now live in FL (4 months/yr) . With the motor home I used a transponder that included the wrangler we towed, when using just the wrangler I used another transponder. This was the situation 8 years ago. Now with the F 350 towing a 5th wheel, I just use the transponder for the truck and do not switch anymore. mark
    PS- when we towed the wrangler we put its transponder in a special bag that kept it from registering as we went thriu toll booths.
    F 350 DRW pulling 395 MS-R (2021)
    B&W 25K hitch
    past: Dutchstar, GD 34 ft. trailer, Montana 295 RL 5th, gas Class A's, and many more such RV's

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also EZ Pass user (NH) since shortly after they began. It makes life a lot easier and as others have said just in TV. We went through toll booth with RV two weeks back and sensors picked it up.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast