User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winegard Gateway Router not detecting SIM card

I purchased the gateway router and I can not get it to detect the new Att SIM card I purchased. The SIM card is verified and correct. I believe my router may be different and lacking the correct SIM card slot. As you can see in the pictures, mine does not look like the one in the manuals or that others have posted. It looks more like an SD slot. I have followed all the manual directions at least 10 times and still can not get it to detect the SIM card. I also called att and they verified all the correct settings. Help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A943E489-66C8-4270-8CD7-6654C1317EF0.jpg   5D1A7F28-E364-4BA9-846A-0382B45FF6E1.jpg  

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that looks odd. SIM should be installed from inside that little opening. Doesn't look correct from your photos.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winegard Gateway Router not detecting SIM card

What type of SIM card do you have? Does it fit into the slot properly ? I believe your device takes a standard SIM card, while most phone devices today take either a micro or nano sim.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    What type of SIM card do you have? Does it fit into the slot properly ? I believe your device takes a standard SIM card, while most phone devices today take either a micro or nano sim.
    AT&T Sim cards come pre-punched so that you can separate it into whatever size you need: standard down to nano.
    @Charlesrp I just installed a gateway a few months back with an AT&T card and works great. I'll get to the rig and see how mine installed. Don't remember.

Did you log in to the gateway using a laptop to configure it?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine looks exactly like yours. Did you ever get this resolved. I could use the same help!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesrp View Post
    I purchased the gateway router and I can not get it to detect the new Att SIM card I purchased. The SIM card is verified and correct. I believe my router may be different and lacking the correct SIM card slot. As you can see in the pictures, mine does not look like the one in the manuals or that others have posted. It looks more like an SD slot. I have followed all the manual directions at least 10 times and still can not get it to detect the SIM card. I also called att and they verified all the correct settings. Help!
    Looks like your SIM card is upside down. That corner notch should fit into a holder that gets inserted.
    2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2019 Silverado 4X4 RST
    1966 Chevelle SS
    2012 Vans RV-10