User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone who replied with thoughtful and informative answers. I appreciate it and will be doing more research on this.

Ethan

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a poll from the 346FLS Facebook page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3F400A7A-35B4-4452-B723-7AA3E031BA4F.jpeg  
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highsierra View Post
    Hello, I’m new to the RV world. I’ve been shopping around for used grand designs for a while. I found a 2021 Solitude 346fls for a pretty [expletive deleted] good price. I’m on the verge of pulling the trigger, but I’m not completely sure if I have enough truck. My truck is a 2021 Ford F-350 long bed SRW with a max cargo weight of 4082 lbs. it’s max fifth wheel tow weight is around 21,000. The solitude 346fls has a dry weight of 14,222, a gross weight of 16,800, and a pin weight of 3096. I really wish GD would specify if that pin weight is based off of the 16,800 gross weight or the 14222 dry weight. I’ve called a couple gd dealers who claim its based off of the gross weight and that more than likely I’d be under 3000 pin weight unless I loaded it up to the max. I know they’re salesmen and may not have given me accurate information. I called grand design customer service and spoke two different times to a representative and I got two different answers. The first guy said it’s based off of dry weight, and the second guy I spoke to said it was based off the gross weight of 16,800 lbs. in general everyone I spoke to said my truck would be fine and have no problem. My question is for the experienced people on here who have owned this or similar models, and whether or not you think my truck is good to go with this particular solitude model 346fls?
    I'm wondering if you pulled the trigger on the 346 and are you towing it with the F350 SRW. This is one of my favorite floor plans. I'm disappointed that GD has stop making it and the big brother to the 346 is at 41 foot vs 38.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually ended up getting a used 2021 345gk and upgraded my truck to a 2023 F450.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I actually ended up getting a used 2021 345gk and upgraded my truck to a 2023 F450.
    Can you share your experience with the 450?. I think that has the wide track front. Curious if you have traveled far with it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a pretty amazing truck. I really like it a lot. The wide track front axle is night and day compared to the other F series. I can do a u turn on most city streets. It certainly handles the weight of a solitude with more stability than a SRW. I really don’t have to mention engine power. It’s a diesel like most other (not all) heavy duty trucks, which have more than enough power. The power was never the problem with my previous f350 srw. But you know that. Overall the new high output F450 is a very impressive piece of machinery

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response. I’ve had this sinking feeling what you said is probably true. It sounds like I’m pushing the line with the pin weight and exceeding my cargo weight limit. It’s frustrating getting different answers from different people. Even grand design came up with different answers.
    Post a picture of you truck door weight sticker to help us evaluate if you can. Your going to be close, but probably OK. You may not like the handling. Air bags may help with that. However look for a dually or even better an F450. If you do pull the trigger get is scaled right away so you know where your at. Also what gearing does your truck have?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Post a picture of you truck door weight sticker to help us evaluate if you can. Your going to be close, but probably OK. You may not like the handling. Air bags may help with that. However look for a dually or even better an F450. If you do pull the trigger get is scaled right away so you know where your at. Also what gearing does your truck have?
    See post #24 . He just purchased a 23 F450.
    Joe and Barbara
    2024 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2023 Ford F150
    Brand new to this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123