User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    It’s nice to see someone being considerate of neighbors. Thanks.
    Most of my RV experience has been in state and federal campgrounds, not in RV parks, which is why I asked the question. Most of the campgrounds that I have been to have enough space between campsites that smoke from a smoker or campfire should not be much of an issue (although I am sure many if not all of us have camped near someone who didn't know how to build a proper fire .)

Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    You guys sound like you would be good camping neighbors!
    We like to think so, and strive to be just that. We do our best to follow the Golden Rule.

Bottom Line (no pun intended), I guess I just wasn't sure if it was common practice to use them in RV Parks or not.
    Steve & Laura
    2021 Transcend 240ML
    2013 F150 3.5L Ecoboost 4x4 SuperCrew SB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't see a problem with it. I've been thinking about buying a TREK for our trips. One nice thing about pellet smokers is how clean they burn. If you're worried about smoke getting bad, you can also up the temp a little. The smoke doesn't get much in the way of penetration into the meat after about an hour anyway. I've found with my Traeger that a good clean out of the burn pot and under the heat shield helps a lot too. They don't put out any more smoke than a campfire.

Making a little extra to share with your neighbors might help too!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    IMHO CGs are inviting for all types of uncontrollabe nuances. From smoke from a fire or smoker, load noises from trucks and coaches, loud music, drunk partyers, unsuppervised kids, barking dogs, etc..

Especially now with the "COVID" rush of campers, the old days of consideration may be a thing of the past.... But even back when we started some 30 yrs ago, we never assumed it would any different, cause people are going to do what they do. So we have always adopted that fact and just go along to get along.... cause its a CAMPGROUND, full of all types of folks.

I guess it comes down to this.... would rather spend our time enjoying what we have and not worrying about others, and hope common sense pervails.

So ya, go ahead and smoke your smoker. Just realize what comes around goes around.
    Just remember all: We leave the barking dogs, unmannered kids, loud music, et. behind but carry the smoked rv and clothes home with us.
    2015 Ram Tradesman 3500 DRW puck-B&W
    2015 Reflection 29RS

Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Traeger Tailgater and a Weber Jumbo Joe charcoal grill. I am always considerate of how this might affect my neighbours. Having said that, neither puts out too much smoke. Also looking forward to the Capital Griddle when we get our new 2670MK.

Also, we have never engaged our outdoor speakers on any of our travel trailers. A small mercy for some as I'm all over the map with what music I like. If I want to listen to music, I will be inside the trailer or in the truck en route to somewhere. When at the campsite, I just want to chill and enjoy nature.
    Tom & Sherry

2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew, 6.4L

2022 GD 2670MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    We have a Treager Tailgater that is always in the rig. It is our preferred way to make dinner while camping. It does smoke a lot, especially when starting up but once up to temp it doesn’t smoke that much. The direction of the wind usually dictates where it will be set up, especially if our neighbors have their windows open. There have been times, although rarely, when we didn’t use it because it would have smoked someone out.

I don’t think we have ever been bothered by someone else’s use of a pellet grill, I love the smell too. Many times we have been bothered by an inconsiderate neighbor’s smokey campfire blowing right into our rig. It’s all part of camping though and sure beats working!

You guys sound like you would be good camping neighbors!

Mark
    Smokey campfires from neighbors are far worse than the smoke from my Traeger on startup. The intermittent smoke during the reheating phase is far less than startup.
    RV parks don't interest us, so I don't know what I would do in those situations since I cook almost everything outside. It's either cooking on the Blackstone or smoker.
    2020 Grand Design 2670MK
    2020 Ford f250 6.2, 4x4.
    ProPride hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12