User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Topper Help for 378MBS

Purchased a new 378MBS a couple of weeks ago and dealer is a couple of hours away. They want $2,800 to sell me all 4 of the slide toppers and $4,000 to supply and install them. I have done this on my 297RSTS so planning on doing these myself now too.

If anyone has a 378MBS and can measure each of the 4 slideout total lengths flange to flange I would really appreciate it so I can check online pricing and get some ordered so they arrive once we can bring the new trailer home.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you really want to depend on someone else’s measurements? So much that can go wrong.

Edit: Removed comments on awning.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 04-12-2022 at 11:48 AM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Do you really want to depend on someone else’s measurements? So much that can go wrong. Also with all the parts substitution because of parts shortages in production you may not have the same awning as the person measuring.
    Good point and I have thought about that as well. At a minimum it will get me in the ballpark so I know if the dealer is giving me a good price to supply them or not. I suspect that my wife will also not want me to order until I can measure them myself.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, I don't need measurements to tell me your dealer is out of line as far as the price is concerned. Of course it does depend to a certain degree on the make of slide toppers you're intending to buy, but that price to install them is little short of highway robbery. For Solera, the two long toppers could be as much as $500, and the two smaller ones should run around $350 or less. And it should take less than 8 hours for a couple guys that know what they're doing to install them. Even at shop rates of $200, 8 hours is only $1600, and that would be too much.

So yeah, the dealer is gouging you big time. IMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Shoot, I don't need measurements to tell me your dealer is out of line as far as the price is concerned. Of course it does depend to a certain degree on the make of slide toppers you're intending to buy, but that price to install them is little short of highway robbery. For Solera, the two long toppers could be as much as $500, and the two smaller ones should run around $350 or less. And it should take less than 8 hours for a couple guys that know what they're doing to install them. Even at shop rates of $200, 8 hours is only $1600, and that would be too much.

So yeah, the dealer is gouging you big time. IMO of course.

Yup, 100% agree! The cost for the toppers is minimal, and the hardest part is install which with another person can be done fairly easily, well worth the pocketing of the huge install price.

But, if money is no object and dealer time is not an issue, let them do it.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, not sure if I misunderstood. Did the dealer want $2,800 to get the toppers, and then $1200 to install them for a total price of $4,000? I read that he was supplying them for $2,800 and $4,000 to install them. That's where the highway robbery comment came from. If it's $4,000 inclusive, that's not so bad, still pretty expensive, but not hold-a-gun-to-your-head expensive.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Hmm, not sure if I misunderstood. Did the dealer want $2,800 to get the toppers, and then $1200 to install them for a total price of $4,000? I read that he was supplying them for $2,800 and $4,000 to install them. That's where the highway robbery comment came from. If it's $4,000 inclusive, that's not so bad, still pretty expensive, but not hold-a-gun-to-your-head expensive.
    The dealer wants $2,800 to supply them and then $1,200 to install them. Supplied price $2,800 and I install. Installed price $4,000 and dealer supplies and installs. Pricing is all in Canadian dollars too which would be higher than what our US friends would pay.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Purchased a new 378MBS a couple of weeks ago and dealer is a couple of hours away. They want $2,800 to sell me all 4 of the slide toppers and $4,000 to supply and install them. I have done this on my 297RSTS so planning on doing these myself now too.

If anyone has a 378MBS and can measure each of the 4 slideout total lengths flange to flange I would really appreciate it so I can check online pricing and get some ordered so they arrive once we can bring the new trailer home.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Is that American $$ or Canadian $$?

If it is $4000 Canadian, that is about, what? $3100 American? For 4 toppers, installed, that is about right.

Upon edit.....just saw the post about being Canadian....still on par for 4 toppers at $31XX. We get 2 hours labor per slide, Solitudes don't come with drip rail, so you have to install the mounting rail instead of just sliding it in like on the Reflections.
    Last edited by huntr70; 04-12-2022 at 02:08 PM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My figuring was just WAG, but the awning on the living room slide was 11", so the slide topper might be around 12, and a decent price for a 12'6" Solera slide topper w/hardware is $423. So two of those would be $840 and two that are 7' would be another $700, probably less, for a total of $1540 for all 4. So I'm thinking the installed price should be about what he's asking for supplies: $2800, which is still figuring high for installation. And don't forget you'll have to pay sales tax on the amount for the material, which could be around another $100-150. Which you may not have to pay if you buy online.

I just bought 3 Solera slide toppers a month or two ago: a 5'5", a 7', and a 10' for less than $1,000.

Ah, Canadian dollars do make a difference.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 04-12-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unrelated but wanted to say hi, we have a new 378MBS ordered (our first RV) - picking up early June.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast