Since the sound systems in RVs aren't known for their high fidelity, I wasn't expecting much when I fired up the iRV62 stereo in my 2022 260RD. And I wasn't surprised either when it sounded "tinny" (to say the least).

My first step was to replace the speakers. Here's what I found:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220412_185429542.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	39998

Not surprising that the system sounded terrible with those cheap Chinese speakers.

I replaced them with a set of Polk Audio DB522 DB+ Series 5.25" speakers (Available here on Amazon, shop well and they can be had for under $50)

Here's what it looks like after the installation:

Name:	PXL_20220412_185310527(1).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	39999

The DW isn't pleased with the black color of the grills, I may either paint them or try to find some white grills. The grills that came with the original speakers wouldn't fit over these.

However, I still wasn't completely sold with the sound, not enough base. Decided a subwoofer would fix that.

Name:	PXL_20220412_185211994.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	40000

Went with the BLAUPUNKT GTHS81 8" Amplified Subwoofer 320-Watts (available here on Amazon). Mounted it on the shelf behind the TV, the unit came with mounting brackets and screws. Routed the cabling through the port already in the wall.

Now I have a sound system that I can listen to. Works great when trying to watch a movie (think T Rex in Jurassic Park) or listening to music.

The iRV62 head unit that came with my 260RD seems to work well enough for me. The manual is rubbish (surprise, not). It took some trial and error, but I managed to connect the subwoofer to a subwoofer output on the back of the unit. Connected the subwoofer power supply to the same cables as the iRV62. Adjusted the inputs on the subwoofer to get good volume without distortion. Note that the iRV62 has a subwoofer control built-in. One simply clicks down the volume control, then several sub-menus become available including subwoofer volume along with tone and balance. After some adjustments, I was in sound heaven.

Note: The subwoofer doesn't turn off when the iRV62 is put into "standby" mode. That means it is on all the time. My next move is to add a rocker switch to turn it off when not in use (don't want to drain the batteries).