User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    I have GOT to do something about the sound from the OEM "sound" system that GD put in ours. Not only is there absolutely no bass from the el cheapo speakers (either inside or out) our radio is affected by alternating side sound level drop outs. It's making me crazy. Crazy to the point of wanting to toss out all the speakers and the head unit and start over.

If you had to, what would you all suggest I put in for a reasonable costing replacement head unit?
    Hey @Dadeo6472, can't say as I blame you for being frustrated with the OEM system. Could you please supply a bit more information such as which head unit you have?

You'd probably see the quickest return to effort in replacing the speakers. See my post above (https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post422481) for what I found. The Polks worked well for me and weren't too expensive, the Infinity speakers have also gotten a few thumbs up but are a bit pricier.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have GOT to do something about the sound from the OEM "sound" system that GD put in ours. Not only is there absolutely no bass from the el cheapo speakers (either inside or out) our radio is affected by alternating side sound level drop outs. It's making me crazy. Crazy to the point of wanting to toss out all the speakers and the head unit and start over.

If you had to, what would you all suggest I put in for a reasonable costing replacement head unit?
    We don't use the OEM system at all - CD/DVD player/head unit nor speaker. I installed a Polk Audio sound bar with sub and run everything to that via digital optical. A Logitech Harmony remote controls the sound bar, TV, aftermarket DVD/Blu-ray player, and Dish satellite receiver without having to juggle multiple remotes. No comparison in sound quality.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kept my head unit and just installed 2 Infinity speakers in the ceiling. Very pleased with the sound now.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a Jensen JM40 something model. Our trailer is the very small 18RBE, so adding a separate home style dvd receiver/sound bar isn’t really doable. I’d suspect the volume controls and speakers are my real problem. But I also hate the OEM unit cause it can’t work with my USB stick I store my music on. So I’d like a new head unit that could drive the tv and play dvd’s, and/or read a hard drive full of music and movies.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a Jensen JM40 something model. Our trailer is the very small 18RBE, so adding a separate home style dvd receiver/sound bar isn’t really doable. I’d suspect the volume controls and speakers are my real problem. But I also hate the OEM unit cause it can’t work with my USB stick I store my music on. So I’d like a new head unit that could drive the tv and play dvd’s, and/or read a hard drive full of music and movies.
    Gotcha - I didn't know which RV you have. Have you considered creating a signature with that info in it? You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the cheapo heat unit that plays dvds...get a bluray player for that media. I'm looking to get a kenwood head unit for 12v tunes and tv/bluray via a stereo input. We are usually not plugged in, therefore the 12v route along with 8" infinity marine speakers inside and 6.5 outside...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    That must sound great!
    I wished I could share the sound with you. We have it connected to the TV so we can watch movies. The sound is like being at a theatre. When playing music, it sounds awesome. I spent plenty to get this, but this is our retirement trailer...I wanted it to be really good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very happy with the Infinity speakers sized for those holes. Plenty of surprisingly quality sound; even my twenty-somethings were impressed.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    I am very happy with the Infinity speakers sized for those holes. Plenty of surprisingly quality sound; even my twenty-somethings were impressed.
    Do you have a part number and source? Having difficulty finding the Infinity's in 6".

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are either 5.25 or 6.5 inches in diameter...no 6" available.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast