User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we pulled our new-to-us 2016 Solitude 379FL home in early 2017, the very first time I turned on the entertainment system I realized there were problems. You should have heard my DW yell when I pulled the speakers out of the front-living entertainment center...!

I immediately found that the left and right channels were out of phase. The two-way speaker system had the wiring between the his and lows backwards. Behind the Furrion "head" I found that the installer was either colorblind or never bothered to look in the manual to know where the wires were supposed to go! Its sounds reasonably good now with the sub-woofer behind the fireplace thumping.

However, we have had more than a couple park rangers tell us to turn it down!! Don't be that guy like I was...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quiglenj View Post
    Grandesigner, any tips (specs) on those sweet Infinities and the beveled or tapered spacers or mounts. DW really is after me to do something about those stock outside "tweeters".

Thanks,
    Neal
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/252076789978
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infinity-6-...item2b2893eb29

The speakers range from less than $100 to over $200 for the same model, so shop carefully.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post

The speakers range from less than $100 to over $200 for the same model, so shop carefully.
    I found those speakers on Ebay for about the same price, but in white. I think I can just spray the grills black, hopefully the grills are removable. The mounting pod seems a bit shallow for these speakers. Did you have a fit up problem when mounting the speakers on the installed pods? The description for the pods claims 2" at the shortest point. I am not that good with Trig anymore, but I know the angle will help to reduce the depth of the ~2-5/8" speaker. Also, what size wire did GD run to your outside speakers, I didn't know they made wire that small. Guess it all works, don't really plan on blasting these just want to hear them with our over driving those tweeters.

Thanks for your sharing your research...

Attachment 40326
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Infinity 622ML.jpg  
    Last edited by quiglenj; 04-30-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They fit w/o any problems, the pod is huge. I just used the existing speaker wires but checked the phase. The grills are removable.
    They also sell the speakers in sets of 4 if you want to upgrade the inside speakers also...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done. I was only able to find white speakers and so I rattle canned the pods white. Pretty easy replacement, only problem is pods are like 3X bigger than the original tweeters. Can't believe I pay Dr. to have warts like these removed. Good news is there are still within the awning arms. And don't tell me the back speaker is higher than the front speaker. Quite a bit richer sound compared to the the 3" (maybe) OEM speakers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220527_105653.jpg  
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue because the unit was mounted right by the door, which means the remote couldn't signal the Jensen unit. We cut a hole in the front, relocated the Jensen to the front (same side as the TV) facing the sofa/chairs, and problem solved. Was super easy to move the wiring and we simply went to Michael's, found a small chalkboard and mounted it over the whole left by the Jensen. Use it for grocery list, whatever, but was a cute and cheap solution. We love the results.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshelnutt View Post
    We had the same issue because the unit was mounted right by the door, which means the remote couldn't signal the Jensen unit. We cut a hole in the front, relocated the Jensen to the front (same side as the TV) facing the sofa/chairs, and problem solved. Was super easy to move the wiring and we simply went to Michael's, found a small chalkboard and mounted it over the whole left by the Jensen. Use it for grocery list, whatever, but was a cute and cheap solution. We love the results.
    Glad you found a satisfactory solution, BTW, welcome to the forum (looks like this was your first post).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshelnutt View Post
    Great idea to cover the old hole. I still don't know what they were thinking on that one.
    Dan and Rita

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got done installing some 3 way 6" JBL white indoor speakers, and 3 way 6" Robert Fosgate black outdoor speakers. Still use the OEM Furrion head unit and now get plenty of base with the Loudness and bass level set.

Of course, probably wont feel the Jurrasic Park T-Rex steps pounding in my chest, but neither will my neighbors.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mmullin >"... because you can't use the remote from the recliner." Yepper, the gentleman that checked us out before we towed ours home said same thing. My wife said "what good is the remote then?" And then she did her drama thing as she sat at the dinette just 3 feet away from in front of the unit for the remote to work... LOL. Note our unit came with a Jensen JWM452... not that that matters...
    AJ & Shells
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast