User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has removed coroplast?

I want to install a transfer switch and I have a 1500 watt inverter in the pass through storage. The load of the transfer switch will be the breaker for the outlets. I want to run romex, soow, or sj type extension from the inverter to the WFCO. I believe there's a pathway out of the pass-through behind the partition with the water port and battery cut off switch. I'm thinking if I drop the coroplast I'll be able to run the wire to another existing pathway just below the WFCO, but I'm just guessing here. Anyone have experience removing the coroplast on a 23bhe or similar trailer? Anyone know if my assumption of the pathways is accurate? Any thoughts on which type of cord to use?

To remove the coroplast I'm assuming I just remove the screws and lower enough of it to do the work. It won't rip if it gets bent, right?

Thanks for helping.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjokibbe View Post
    I want to install a transfer switch and I have a 1500 watt inverter in the pass through storage. The load of the transfer switch will be the breaker for the outlets. I want to run romex, soow, or sj type extension from the inverter to the WFCO. I believe there's a pathway out of the pass-through behind the partition with the water port and battery cut off switch. I'm thinking if I drop the coroplast I'll be able to run the wire to another existing pathway just below the WFCO, but I'm just guessing here. Anyone have experience removing the coroplast on a 23bhe or similar trailer? Anyone know if my assumption of the pathways is accurate? Any thoughts on which type of cord to use?

To remove the coroplast I'm assuming I just remove the screws and lower enough of it to do the work. It won't rip if it gets bent, right?

Thanks for helping.
    I have dropped a front corner of the coroplast on our 2021 22RBE. Not a big problem, the coroplast did not rip (it was the summer so it was warmer). I used some spray foam to seal it around some of the frame members that protruded down a bit. Good luck with your project.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty easy to drop and put back up and will take quite a bit of abuse before tearing.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to remove several screws and take a look at the area below the pass-through and below the WFCO. I had to remove some of the foam and saw why they use that stuff. I'll be sure to buy some spray foam to fill in the gaps when I'm done. Looks like a fairly easy run for wire over the coroplast between the two pathways. I bought a 25ft 12 gauge extension cord and that seems sufficient considering the ATS is rated 15 amp.

I got my wago connectors and ready for Saturday to work on this project.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extension cable (and other wires for other projects) installed, coroplast screwed back in, and foam sprayed. I don't know what I'm doing with the foam and I did a terrible job. No pictures needed for sharing of that mess. At least I didn't get any on my clothes. I'm attaching a picture in case someone is curious what it looks like behind the coroplast at the front driver side of a 23bhe. There's a cable hook in the middle before the spare tire. The extension cable plug wouldn't fit in the hook and I didn't want to cut it off, so I just wrapped it around the bundle. The picture shows the orange extension not going up the cutout on the right, but I hadn't fished it up there before taking the picture.

Screwing the coroplast back up was difficult on just two screws at the front corners because of the location. Also, one screw hole was stripped and just spun. I noticed this when taking it down.

Got a month's worth of crunches in by doing this job!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	extensionpath.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	40102
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe